Kagem Mining Limited
Kagem Mining Limited, based in Lufwanyama, is the world’s single largest emerald producer. It covers an area of approximately 41 square kilometers and is in the central part of the Ndola Rural Emerald Restricted Area (“NRERA”), in the Copperbelt Province of Zambia. Kagem Mining prides itself on industry-leading health and safety standards, innovative approaches to engineering, and cutting-edge management of unique geology.
Since 2008, Kagem is 75% owned by Gemfields, a world-leading supplier of responsibly sourced colored gemstones, in a model partnership with the Zambian government, through the Industrial Development Center (IDC). Kagem aims to emulate the values of Gemfields and operate in a way that contributes positively to the national economy while taking a leading role in modernizing the colored gemstone sector and building sustainable livelihoods for the communities around the mine. Kagem believes that colored gemstones should be mined and marketed by championing three key values – legitimacy, transparency, and integrity.
- Provision of nutritious and economical meals to all employees.
- Maintenance of hygienic standards in the messing facilities
- Identification of suitable food suppliers.
- Procurement and storage food stuff.
- Management and training of catering staff
- Responsible for staff discipline.
- Ensures maintenance and proper usage of crookeries & utensils.
- Overall supervision of hygienic food preparation.
- Preparation of budget proposals and controls implementation of the same.
- Monitoring the costing, consumption and avoid wastage of food.
Qualifications / Experience & Skills
- Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma in Food Production and/or catering.
- At least 2 years experience in a busy environment at supervisory level and ability to work under pressure.
- Good computer skills.
- Excellent analytical and evaluation skills
- Good command of both oral and written Communication.
- Possession off good leadership skills.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Excellent knowledge of food production practices and standards.
Send your applications (Covering Letter and CV only) to The Head-Human Resources by mail to; email@example.com Certificates will only be required at the interview stage.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 26th May 2021
Kagem Mining Ltd is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability, or creed. We do not charge or ask for money from candidates applying for jobs during any stage of the recruitment process, if you are asked for money by anybody, please do not proceed and report such individuals to the police immediately.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.