About the job
Empowering Africa’s tomorrow, together…one story at a time.
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
Developing and managing procurement procedures, to ensure timely procurement and delivery of goods and services.
Conducting negotiations with service providers on pricing and other terms of contract.
Ensuring that procurement procedures adhere to the organization Policies and Standards.
Maintaining the procurement policies and strategies and ensuring alignment to the business strategy
- Develop sourcing strategies which are aligned to cluster business objectives/strategies delivering quantified benefits against performance metrics covering logistics, service, quality, cost, innovation and risk mitigation.
- Formally documented plans (1-2-3 years) in place including comprehensive business needs analysis with quantified targets.
- Conduct appropriate supplier/cross-functional forums to promote supplier proposals regarding innovation or process improvement.
- Complete and update monthly management information and performance metrics.
- Ensure all strategic and operational contracts have cost clarity and transparency to support MTP/STP development, for instance, detailed line-item unit costing and annual volumes
- Drive Supplier and product/service rationalisation through cross-functional reviews with stakeholders and Finance
- Utilise appropriate technologies to conduct supply market research, analysis, evaluation etc.
- Develop stakeholder relationships and ensure appropriate stakeholder process maps are completed and signed off
- Development of optimised efficient supply base
- Joint ownership of Preferred Supplier List (PSL) with Africa Sourcing Team and the Sourcing Hubs
- Compliance with mandatory outputs within Sourcing and Supplier Management Policy-SSMP
- Conduct appropriate annual contract audit and risk management activities ensuring contracts comply to all relevant requirements along with Group Audit and CSR requirements.
- Develop appropriate performance metrics and score cards for reporting into clusters and in-country.
- Effective communication plan detailing team responsibilities, engagement model, supply base, supplier capabilities, innovation sessions etc.
- Leadership and management accountabilities
National Diplomas and Advanced Certificates: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.