The role of Senior Business Development Officer is a data-driven role that requires commercial acumen and a deep understanding of the client base, the competitive market, an ability to analyze sales team performance, extensive new product development, and product management experience
Business Development Planning and Execution
- Develop and lead sector and client business development plans in line with the corporate and department strategic plan.
- Own and manage the inclusion of new opportunities in commercial pipeline.
- Analyze the INFRATEL customer base to establish a common approach to retention and growth.
- Effectively retain customers by ensuring proactive strategies to build and maintain high customer satisfaction.
- Lead the planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives and campaigns.
- Conduct Research on organizations and individuals to find new opportunities.
- Be responsible for increasing the value of current customers while attracting new ones.
Find and develop new markets and improving sales.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and industry events to keep abreast with the industry heartbeat.
- Developing extensive, comprehensive customer solutions proposals that influence positively the decision to buy. The incumbent shall be the SPOC for all tender and bidding processes.
- Developing goals for the development team and business growth and ensuring they are met.
Strategy & Culture
- Working with the Strategy Unit and develop and manage an up-to-date understanding of the macroeconomic environment over the agreed plan period, using the information to consider the implications for existing and new sectors
- Develop an understanding of relevant sectors and how they are likely to respond
- Undertake key research to understand the Business and project drivers of sectors, customers and potential opportunities.
New Products Development
- Be responsible for development and execution of the business growth strategy.
- Be the commercial owner of new product development (NPD) intendem with the Digital Solutions and Innovations teams and must therefore have a deep understanding of User Experience (UX) design, UX design is the process of creating products or services that provide meaningful experiences for users, involving many different areas of product development including branding, usability, function, and design.
Revenue & Opex Budget
- Efficiently optimize utilization of the budgets. Keep Net Acquisition costs and other sales related cost under control to ensure that EBITDA margins across regions are sustained.
- Improved performance by each employee
- All sales staff performance contracts and appraisals completed and submitted as scheduled
- Well trained team members
- Improved teamwork
- Retain high engagement of the sales force.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Holds a University Degree in business/marketing,
- MBA is an added advantage
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Marketing (ZIM)
- Telecom Experience is an added advantage
- At least seven years’ experience with a minimum of three years in a commercial role at middle management level
- Three or more years’ managerial experience in Telecoms Sector would be an added advantage.
Competencies required for this Role
- Broad understanding of INFRATEL Products and services
- Understanding on the principles of effective customer service processes
- Excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Successful background with stakeholder management
- Leadership & People Management
- Coaching & Counselling
- Team Building
- Good negotiation skills
- Solid analytical and decision making
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Exceptional Microsoft Excel skills are a must and will be tested.
- Strong leadership skills
- Demonstrated experience in developing executing successful commercialization strategies
- Strong and demonstrated strategic thinking skills
- Ability to think creatively and develop non-traditional solutions to complex business challenges
- Outstanding sales management skills
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to be hands-on as well strategic