Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
About The Department
Deloitte’s Audit service offering utilizes a comprehensive methodology designed to
bring our extensive professional and technical resources to audit engagements in an efficient, and cost-effective manner. In our audit process, we combine a rigorous risk and needs analysis, diagnostic processes, and a client service assessment structured to provide our clients with a superior audit clearly focused on them.
What impact will you make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you’ll find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
Main Purpose of Job
A high profile position working on risk mitigation for our largest, most prestigious and complex clients. You will work with some of our most experienced audit partners, and report to the Africa Audit Risk Leader on matters which are high priority on the Firm’s agenda.
Your activities will be pivotal in the protection of our Firm’s reputation of integrity and quality, which is our key selling point.
To render assistance in AIS, under clear instruction and guidance of the Manager/Senior Manager/Partner on allocated assignments undertaken.
The details of this would be:
- Running and implementing project based work
- Liaising with teams to ensure buy-in into the project
- Reporting of progress of work to management and clients
- Communication with clients to understand needs and demands
- Management of deadlines and reporting
Identifying opportunities to improve engagement success and profitability
Full grade 12 certificate or equivalent
- Full professional or academic qualification in Actuarial Science
- Team player with excellent communication, analytical and report writing skills.
- Dynamic, self-driven and solutions oriented.
- Agile and willing to learn.
- At least 1 years’ work experience
- Progress with actuarial exams
- Experience with Life / General insurance valuations and/or IFRS 17
- Competency with MS Office (in particular Excel, PowerPoint and Word)
- Familiarity with programming / actuarial valuation software will be an advantage.
- Identifying opportunities to improve engagement success and profitability.
Key performance areas
- Tax laws and rules.
- Delivery excellence.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving.
- Technology tools and solutions
- Expert in field with sound industry and business knowledge.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Good financial knowledge.
- Sound business acumen.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Well-developed computer user skills.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.