Mopani Copper Mines Plc
Mopani Copper Mines Plc has operations in Mufulira and Kitwe on the Copperbelt Province in Zambia. The Company’s success has been as a result of its focused approach to improvement and the mutually beneficial relationship enjoyed with its stakeholders — an important sector of which is its employees.
The Company seeks the services of a Sectional Engineer – Electrical
The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising and developing the Electrical Maintenance function to enable the department meet its production targets and ensure that equipment in the department is safely maintained at high standard and continually improved.
The responsibilities of this role include but not limited to the following:
- Attain 95% Electrical Equipment availability
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of subordinates engaged in the maintenance, repair and installation of electrical equipment in order to ensure high quality work and completion of work according to set schedules Implement projects aimed at improving equipment performance and monitor compliance to company quality standards
- Discuss any technical problems with subordinates and to ensure that solutions are arrived at promptly in order to meet set maintenance schedules.
- Organize requisites/materials and labour attend to emergency situations within line of duty
- Ensure adherence to electrical safety, life saving behaviors and environmental policies and standards Ensure proper on the job training and development of subordinates through tuition, guidance and systematic exposure to all tasks and procedures required to be practiced by them and identifying training needs to be addressed
- Make technical recommendations for decision making by Line Management Any other duties assigned
The candidate should meet the following minimum requirements:
Grade 12 Certificate or equivalent
- A Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Good oral and written Communication Skills
- Be Computer Literate
- Member of Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ)
- Registered with the Engineers’ Registration Board (EngRB)
- At least two (02) years:- work experience in the mining industry
The successful candidate must be result oriented and have the ability to work with own initiative, ability to understand scope of work, paying particular attention to Company Policies and Corporate Objectives.
Mopani is committed to establishing a winning team and a copper and cobalt business it can be proud of. The Company operates an employment policy of “meritocracy” — aiming to employ the right people with the right skill, irrespective of race, gender or creed.
Interested, suitably qualified applicants should submit an application in either soft or hard copy not later 21
November 2022 with contact phone numbers, detailed curriculum vitae, three contactable referees and copies of other credentials to the postal address below:
Human Resources Superintendent – Manpower
Mopani Copper Mines Plc
P O Box 22000
Email: [email protected]
Full confidentiality guaranteed. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be responded to.