First Quantum Minerals
About the job
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Reporting to the Planner, the Scheduler will diligently execute maintenance planning functions according to instructions and prescribed standards ensuring that optimum equipment availability and reliability is realized.
- The incumbent will be required to adhere to all relevant requirements, policies, procedures and legal regulations pertaining to health, safety, environment and quality, as well as finance, human resources, and any other regulations as required by the company and relevant to the level of the role and responsibilities of the function;
- Ensuring work orders are opened with correct work order integrity i.e. status, dates, codes, labour, labour hrs., downtime, descriptions, PM tasks, safety notes, serial numbers in, sales order status, etc.;
- Ensuring work orders are closed promptly with correct work order integrity i.e. dates, codes, labour, labour hrs., downtime, descriptions, PM tasks, serial numbers In/Out, sales order status, purchase order status, etc.;
- Creation of purchase requisitions as need be;
- Sales Order processing;
- Manage SOS results with urgency in collaboration with section Supt.
- Maintaining a decent work environment and culture at all times
- Must be able to prioritise jobs
- Determine Manpower requirement for the scheduled tasks from Gantt charts
- Issue work plans and work orders everyday
- Stage parts and tools for scheduled jobs per guidelines. Identify items as staged on the work order form.
- Work with the Planner to prioritize work orders for planning and scheduling
- Assist crew supervisors to coordinate clearances and other operations needs
- Assist with measuring Schedule Compliance
- Optimise the Schedule and actual resources allocated to the tasks
- Make recommendations on improving the schedule and resource allocation
- Will be the accountable for reporting
- Other duties as given by Supervisor
- Minimum of a Grade Twelve (Grade 12) School Certificate; and
- Craft Certificate in any Mechanical or Electrical Field
- Possess strong interpersonal skills
- Driving License
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Previous work experience in a large copper mining operation will be advantageous.
- Must be Computer literate.
- Use of PRONTO will be an added advantage
- Member of EIZ
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at careers.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at LinkedIn
If you are already a First Quantum employee and have access to the First Quantum network, log into First Quantum MINE > Careers to apply internally for this opportunity.
If you are an employee without network access, contact your Site Recruiter.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.