ENGIE Energy Access
Job Title: Sales Representative (Biodigester)
Reporting line: Commercial Manager
We are building a diverse and inclusive team and this opportunity is open to any qualified internal and external applicants. Women, candidates from Africa and those with experience working on the continent are particularly encouraged to apply for this role.
About ENGIE Energy Access (EEA)
ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. The company develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGO solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the mini grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,700 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.6 million customers and more than 8 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to impact 20 million lives across Africa by 2025.
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Sales Representative to join our team and promote our innovative bio-digester products. As a Sales Representative, you will play a crucial role in expanding our market presence and driving sales growth.
The primary focus will be on establishing and nurturing relationships with potential clients, understanding their needs, and effectively conveying the benefits of our bio-digester solutions. Reporting to the Commercial Manager, you will be responsible for recruiting, training, coaching, and managing a team of up to 30+ sales agents and promoters to meet the Hub Sales Targets.
You will also focus on strengthening local networks of customers while fostering team spirits amongst the agents.
- Achieving and surpassing sales targets of Biodigester product.
- Recruiting, training, coaching & managing a field-based team of promoters and sales agents.
- Coordinating with technical, customer finance, admin, and marketing teams in your area.
- Identify and reach out to potential clients in target markets.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with clients through effective communication and understanding of their requirements.
- Develop a deep understanding of our bio-digester products, features, and advantages.
- Clearly and persuasively communicate product benefits to potential clients.
- Conduct presentations and demonstrations to showcase the functionality and benefits of our bio-digesters.
- Tailor presentations to address the specific needs and concerns of prospective clients.
- Proactively seek new business opportunities and generate leads through market research and networking.
- Collaborate with marketing teams to leverage lead generation campaigns.
- Effectively negotiate terms, pricing, and contracts to secure profitable agreements.
- Address client objections and concerns in a professional and persuasive manner.
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitor activities, and market conditions.
- Provide feedback to the management team to enhance product offerings and market strategies.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of sales activities, including customer interactions and sales forecasts.
- Prepare regular reports on sales performance and contribute to sales strategy discussions.
- You are passionate about selling and building long lasting Customer Relationships.
- You have proven 3-5 years sales superstar in rural selling and hitting targets in related fields like solar and agri-inputs.
- You have proven experience in building a team from scratch, driving, and implementing sales strategies.
- You enjoy recruiting, training, and motivating a team of direct reports to success.
- You are a Great Communicator.
- You have worked and sold to farmers before and are passionate about improving their lives.
- You have a valid passport.
- proficient with data entry and have basic computing skills (MS office) Language(s):
- Tonga would be an added advantage.
ENGIE is an equal opportunity employer, promoting diversity and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All applications are screened based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without any regard to origin, age, name, sexual identity, orientation or preference, religion, marital status, health, disability, political opinions, union involvement or citizenship. Our differences are our strengths!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.engie.com.