Yalelo is a pioneer of aquaculture in Zambia, bringing together local resources and world-leading practices. Founded in 2011, we have grown quickly to become the leading fishery business in Zambia and the largest aquaculture operation in Africa. We implement a scalable solution to ease the pressure on Zambia’s struggling wild-capture fisheries sector. We breed and grow our tilapia on the shores of Lake Kariba and sell our product fresh and frozen across eastern and southern Africa. Our pristine water, locally produced non-GMO fish feed, and a robust cold-chain results in a product quality and affordability that is transforming the customer experience.
Yalelo is seeking a highly analytical Sales & Operations Planning Manager to coordinate harvest and sales volume planning in support of the company’s growth. You will play a critical role in Yalelo’s long-term expansion, working directly with the CEO and alongside managers from our Production and Commercial divisions. You will be responsible for matching supply and demand of our fish, building production models and sales buildups. You will also identify and address business constraints to achieving our volume plans. You may support the CEO, Production Director, and/or Commercial Director with strategic planning and data analysis to help drive decision-making and accelerate the impact of our organization.
Location: The role will be based in Lusaka, with occasional travel to Siavonga
- 5+ years work experience relating to strategy, data analysis, and project management
- Exceptional analytical skills (e.g., able to build complex models in Microsoft Excel)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and relationship-management skills (e.g., through experience in a client-facing role)
- Independent and critical thinker, able to take initiative and drive long-term projects
- Strong attention to detail, especially in a data analysis capacity
- Adapts quickly to new digital tools (e.g., can learn and champion new software programs)
- Searching for a high-impact, high-intensity role in a growing company
- Familiarity with aquaculture value chain and/or demand planning
- Experience working in Southern Africa
- Please submit a 1-page CV with most relevant experience and a cover letter expressing your interest
If this is YOU, Yalelo wants to hear from you today!!!
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit yalelo.breezy.hr.