Karibu Trading Limited
Karibu Trading Limited is a full service, multi-discipline, project development and execution company. Karibu Trading was established in 2009 as a sole proprietor business and was later incorporated into a Private Limited Company in 2018. Over the years, the company has undertaken many challenging projects and accumulated skills, know-how and experiences in civil works, construction, and project management.
Today, Karibu Trading Limited takes on the role of main contractor for small to medium size projects and performs project management services to coordinate specialist trades for industrial/commercial projects. We also provide design inputs and engineering solutions as value-added services to our clients. The company wholly owned by Zambians who are motivated by the desire to make a positive contribution to the economy of the country. Karibu Trading was established based on the belief that, the ordinary Zambians deserve the access to world class services at competitive local rates.
We are urgently looking for a Safety Officer for one of our project sites. Interested candidates who meet the requirements listed below should submit their CV’s and copies of their certificates by email only before Friday, 5 August 2022.
Participate in implementing our client’s approved occupational safety program, analysing, and administering various components of the safety programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement approved safety plans and programs at the construction site and monitor employees’ compliance with safety policies.
- Support in planning and promoting safety programs and conduct periodic assessments to identify program deficiencies.
- Assist in conducting safety drills at the Plant, in line with approved schedule.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or use of personal protective equipment.
- Perform or assist with accident investigations as required and ensure prompt communication of recommendations to all concerned parties.
- Support in the execution of approved corrective action to prevent future incidents.
- Provide information to Compensation Administrators for timely processing of compensation benefits for injured individuals.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of safety activities and accident occurrences and develop periodic reports to determine safety trends and needs.
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships between company and client’s employees.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Project Manager.
- Enforce the provisions of the mining regulations/ factories act.
- Participate in the conduct of basic HSE induction exercises for site employees, sub-contractors, and visitors.
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma/Degree or its equivalent in Occupational Safety, Health, and Environment.
- Membership of relevant safety institute.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.