Dangote Cement Zambia
Job Title: Safety Officer
- Participate in implementing the DIZL approved occupational safety program, analysing and administering various components of the safety programs.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Implement approved safety plans and programs in the Plant and monitor employees’ compliance with safety policies.
- Support in planning and promoting safety programs and conduct periodic assessments to identify program deficiencies.
- Assist in conducting safety drills at the Plant, in line with approved schedule.
- Evaluate hazardous conditions and recommend engineering controls, administrative controls, and/or use of personal protective equipment.
- Perform or assist with accident investigations as required and ensure prompt communication of recommendations to all concerned parties.
- Support in the execution of approved corrective action to prevent future incidents.
- Provide information to Compensation Administrators for timely processing of compensation benefits for injured individuals.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of safety activities and accident occurrences, and develop periodic reports to determine safety trends and needs.
- Conduct periodic inspections of DIZL Plants to assist managers and supervisors in occupational health safety and environmental compliance.
- Collect, analyse and maintain data essential for effective safety programs.
- Establish and maintain harmonious relationships with other employees, officials, external organisations, and representatives of Local, State, and Federal agencies.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Safety Coordinator.
- Enforce the provisions of the mining regulations/ factories act
- Participate in the conduct of basic HSE induction exercises for Plant employees, contractors and visitors.
- Diploma/Degree or its equivalent in Occupational Safety, Health and Environment.
- Membership of relevant safety institute.
- Minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.