Website Olibul Investments Limited
Are you a person who loves the order of policies and procedures? Then we have the job for you!
With a growing fleet of trucks, Health and Safety is always important. We are looking for someone who can assist our Safety Department as ;
Position: Safety Officer
1. Overall Purpose
- To oversee all HSE activities and programs across the regional sites.
2. Accountability & Responsibility Areas.
- To promote continual improvement and safety across the organization.
- Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments.
- Manage HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures and maintain relevant logs and documentation, Incident Notification , Incident reports.
- Perform Safety Inspections and prepare applicable Safety reports as required.
- Provide assistance and advice on safety issues to make recommendations to the company.
- Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis.
- Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
- Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training.
- Observe safety regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the supervisor.
- Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as customers and regulatory agencies.
- Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE.
- Ability to oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i.e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
- To help develop a Hazard Analysis (HA)
- Perform other work related tasks as required as assigned
- Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance.
3. Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
- Grade 12 certificate
- Diploma in occupational health and safety and or bachelor’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of quality improvement systems.
- 2- 3 years experience as a safety officer
- Computer literate
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written report writing skills
- Conversant with all statutory regulations governing occupational health and safety in Zambia
Interested candidates should forward their current applications and CV’s to The following ;
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best Job board for jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.