The Risk Data Analyst provides support to the Manager Risk Governance & Data Analytics in the implementation of the enterprise-wide data domain principles. The role is responsible for gathering and analyzing data using specialist tools to generate information that helps others make decisions. The role will respond to questions about data and look for trends, patterns, and anomalies within it.
- Perform exploratory data analysis on emerging trends and communicate insights and recommendations.
- Develop analytical tools (alerts, models, and strategies) to mitigate risk.
- Work on risk-related projects as assigned.
- Using specialist tools to extract the data needed
- Responding to data-related queries and keeping track of these
- Analyzing data to identify trends
- Setting up processes and systems to make working with data more efficient
- Researching new ways to make use of data
- Producing reports and charts communicating trends within data to non-specialists
- Presenting information generated from data to clients and managers.
- Own executive risk reporting for the Authority.
- Monitor key risk metrics, highlighting trends and providing insights on the effectiveness of the control environment.
- Build dashboards and automated reporting related to risk indicators.
- Provide quality assurance for imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Assisting in designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests, implementing new or upgraded software, and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels with credit or better including English and Mathematics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any analytical discipline such as Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Finance, Accounting or similar field.
- Relevant risk management certifications (e.g. Certified Risk Analyst, Certified Enterprise Risk Manager) or equivalent
Minimum Experience Required
- Not less than four (4) years’ experience in a similar role in an organization of similar size.
To apply for this job please visit careers.napsa.co.zm.