Right to Care
Right to Care is at the vanguard in supporting and delivering prevention, care, and treatment services for HIV and associated diseases. We work with government and communities to find pioneering solutions to build and strengthening public healthcare.
We embrace a strong entrepreneurial culture and focuses on innovation and the use of technology to enhance services, address skills shortages, and deliver quality healthcare outcomes. Our areas of expertise include HIV and TB care and treatment, pharmacy automation, medical male circumcision, and cervical cancer diagnosis and treatment.
Right to Care Zambia has been awarded a five (5) year project funded by the USAID through the PEPFAR mechanism. The USAID – Action HIV project aims to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission by achieving the UNAIDS and PEPFAR goal of 95/95/95 HIV treatment coverage by providing comprehensive HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment maintenance services in Luapula, Northern and Muchinga provinces of Zambia. The USAID – Action HIV project will work closely with and in support of the Ministry of Health.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Request to Hire No.: RTCZ21- 105
Date advertised: 05th April 2022
Closing date: 12th April 2022
Position: Risk and Compliance Manager
No. of Vacancies: 01
Contract duration: 2 years
Contract type: Fixed- Term
Job grade: BA
Reporting to: Finance and Operations Director
Contact email: [email protected]
Contact Person: vacancy24
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Chartered Accountant or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5-10 accounting experience in a donor funded environment
- Relevant post graduate qualification IAA/FRM etc.
- 5 years’ experience in risk management, external audit and/or internal audit experience.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a USAID environment.
- Proven record of systems strengthening and internal controls
- Paid up Member of the ZICA
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- MBA, MSc in relevant field
TECHNICAL AND BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES
- Leading teams
- Confidence and self- control
- Ethics and integrity
- Planning and organisation
- Great coordination and communication
- Experience with running projects and Managing risk by identification and assessments including mitigation.
- Solving problems with speed
- Experience with negotiations and managing stakeholders
- Experience in training and mentorship
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Advise on risk related issues, provide specialised risk assessment knowledge and input an advise on fraudulent data.
- Develop, implement and review the organisation’s risk management framework.
- Performing risk assessments of the organisation: Analysing current risks and identifying potential risks that are affecting the company.
- Promote a culture of risk management supported by policies and procedures across the organisation and within own team.
- Prepare and track risk management budgets.
- Assist the Finance and Operations Director and the Internal Auditor(s) with conceptualising initiatives to support a strategic internal audit plan in alignment with corporate governance requirements.
- Review internal audit charter and plan and advise on any necessary additions.
- Setup meetings with the various departments to brief them on upcoming internal audit reviews as per the approved Internal Audit plan
- Coordinate the process with internal auditors for auditing risks and compliance matters/internal audit relationship manager.
- Development, review/revision and implementation of the anti-fraud & corruption process including development and rollout of effective policies and related standard operating procedures.
- Maintain an updated fraud register which is submitted to MANCO, EXCO, Social & Ethics Committee, Audit & Risk Committee, Country Boards and other stakeholders.
- Responsible to report at MANCO on fraudulent and corruption matters and provide a complete risk register to the Company Secretary/ Finance and Operations Director.
- Develop, review and implement a group environmental compliance policy and standard operating procedures on a continuous basis.
- Development or review of an Environmental Monitoring and Mitigation Plan (EMMP) as required by the donor.
- Submit to grant MD/COP for sign off, prior to submission to the donor for approval.
- Manage, administer and co-ordinate the Right to Care Zambia’s insurance portfolio.
- Analyze insurance needs and ensure that there are adequate insurance policies in place to provide optimum cost-effective coverage, for all liability insurance, employee benefits and organisational assets.
- Review insurance policies and contracts for gaps and inaccuracies.
- Act as the key liaison with the Insurance Brokers across Right to Care Zambia.
- Responsible to effectively handle all insurance claims.
- Identify training needs for risk management and oversee development of enterprise risk competence and awareness across the company through facilitating risk workshops.
- Train departmental risk champions and Heads of Departments on implementation of the risk management framework.
- Train the Monitoring and Environmental department and sub-recipients on environmental compliance and reporting.
- Train company staff on fraud and corruption prevention and on implementation of the anti-fraud and corruption policy and standard operating procedures.
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for subordinates. Build a productive team through effective leadership.
By applying for the above-mentioned position, you consent to Right to Care to conduct qualification, ID, criminal and reference checks (internal and external) which forms part of the Company’s recruitment policy and procedure. Should you not receive a response to your application from Right to Care within one month of this advert being placed, kindly consider your application as being unsuccessful.
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Right to Care reserves the right to withdraw the vacancy at any time for whatever reason.
Right to Care is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. The Company’s approved Employment Equity Plan and Targets will be considered as part of the recruitment process. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we actively encourage and welcome people with various disabilities to apply. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Right to Care Zambia is aware of fraudulent activities by certain individuals claiming to be representatives of the organization.
Be advised that Right to Care does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process, and as such Right to Care Zambia assumes no responsibility for any announcements or activities by such individuals or entities.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.