World Vision Zambia
Employee Contract Type:
International Assignment – Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
Purpose of position
- Coordinate/Facilitate proposal development and grants acquisition by building the profile, prepositioning the Zambia National Office including strengthening of the National Office’s proposal grants acquisition capacity.
- Lead the Zambia National Office in developing and rolling out a Resource Acquisition Strategy
- To drive growth in non-sponsorship income (both local and international) in alignment with the National Office Strategy
- Provide high-level management to the Communications Team as develops and executes the organization’s internal and external communication plan and strategy.
- To engage and retain government, multi-lateral and private sector donors through successful grants implementation and strong donor relations with the aim of maximizing and diversifying the funding base. This includes strong and effective collaboration with other departments to ensure consistent and effective implementation of projects.
- Provide day to day leadership and management of the Resource Acquisition (international and local), Communications, Donor Liaison functions. Provide strategic direction and oversight for Resource Acquisition, Communications and Donor Liaison functions in the Zambia National Office.
- To be part of the Senior Leadership team and provide information for decision making for Resource Acquisition, Communications and Donor Liaison teams.
- Set grant/PNS income projections in the NO.
- Lead team planning, ensuring efficient and effective deployment of time and talent to achieve team objectives.
- Lead Resource Acquisition and Communications capacity development planning and implementation in the NO.
- Help lead start up workshops and effective transition of projects to the Integrated Programmes team. Support the Integrated Programmes team in resolving grant management issues in the NO. Mobilize cross functional support for the department’s performance (Finance, Operations, P&C, Strategy, Technical, Quality Assurance)
- Ensure team dynamic and staff management are conducted and maintained at the highest level.
Grants Acquisition and Donor Engagement
- Lead development of Annual Resource Acquisition Business Plan
- Manage opportunity pipeline tracking planning (country level donor mapping, strategic direction and area of alignment, etc.).
- Work with the RO to develop tools for the NO, to track and prioritize grant opportunities that are aligned with the regional and NO strategic directions.
- Ensure coordination with the RO and SOs and different cross functional teams to support proposal development.
- Develop and maintain consortia whenever necessary in preparation for upcoming opportunities. Preposition the NO for new opportunities.
- Identify key relationships to strengthen the National Office pre-positioning and elevate WV’s profile with the government, multilateral and private sector donors.
- Work with, and through the RO and in collaboration with, SO colleagues to maintain strong donor relationships at the country level, developing engagement strategies for each donor or group(s) of donors.
- Develop key marketing material for the NO to preposition WV in Zambia.
- Build relationships and credibility with donors at the country level, using previous success and documented best practices in grant management.
- Cultivate and maintain targeted donor and development partner relations.
- To ensure appropriate representation of the NO at strategic for a that could lead to resource acquisition and enhanced programming collaboration.
- Represent the National Office in the grants communities (internal and external to WV).
- Lead Resource Development capacity development planning in the NO (ie. Identification of capacity gaps at the NO in GAM, capacity building initiatives for NO staff in resource acquisition, startup workshops for new grants management training in various government and multilateral donors’ regulations, training in common areas leading to poor grant implementation, etc).
- Provide oversight and leadership to Donor Liaison team.
- Manage the Donors Liaisons including communication with SO DL managers, Donor Reps and Vision Trip Managers, trip/pre-trip scheduling, engagement with Integrated Programmes team, National Director and other key stakeholders for Vision Trips. Ensure all logistics of the trips are as seamless as possible.
- Work with the team and the RO to ensuring that WV information is consistently and appropriately managed within the organization, including branding and image building, to protect and enhance the reputation and programming of WVZ.
- Ensure the communications team implements activities aligned to donor/public engagement, media, internal, emergency and advocacy communications, and donor/support office/international media team visits.
- Support Communications team to increase social media growth, media coverage of World Vision Zambia, and improve technical branding.
- Develop and oversee implementation of Local Fundraising and Marketing Business Plan for World Vision Zambia
- Provide oversight and guidance local fundraising efforts through effective and creative programming of the Strong Girls Strong Zambia campaign or other campaign(s). Ensure strong collaboration across departments to make sure programmes associated with the campaign are implemented.
- Ensure public events, donor engagement and reporting are well resourced and implemented to high standards.
- Position WV as a lead CSR partner with corporates, churches, Individuals, govt. entities, etc. to raise resources within Zambia.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as assigned as by the ND.
- Attend and participate in chapel and team devotions.
- Strong leadership capabilities and record
- Successful record in coordinating, writing and being awarded grants.
- Successful record in directly managing bilateral, multilateral or foundation grants and donor expectations.
- Knowledge of major donors and their regulations.
- Ability to engage at a strategic level and build core relationships with bilateral and multilateral donors, partners, corporates and high net worth individuals.
- Advanced understanding of Grant Acquisition Management strategies and procedures.
- Ability to motivate teams and inspire teamwork.
- Management of cross-national teams and effective indirect line management.
- Strong organization and delegation abilities.
- High performance and quality standards.
- Negotiation skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be a committed Christian able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Good understanding of World Vision’s Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Perform any other duties, as required.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational level required: Bachelor degree required, MBA/equivalent preferred.
- Leadership capabilities that include coaching staff to high levels of performance & engaging in effective cross cultural & cross functional working to achieve shared goals and effective indirect line management.
- Experienced networker with an ability to maintain a good up-to-date knowledge of the grant opportunities and trends.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience with government and multilateral organization’s procedures and regulations.
- At least 3-5 years of team management experience.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of project management with government and multilateral agencies grant funded projects and experience of grant compliance procedures for major bilateral and multilateral donors.
- Strong organization and delegation abilities; high performance and quality standards; negotiation skills; ability to motivate teams and inspire teamwork.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Must be able to travel extensively.
Application deadline: 5th January 2024
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local and International Applicants (IA’s) Accepted
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.