Research and Development to Improve Health for All
Zambart is a research-focussed non-governmental organisation that conducts research on HIV and Tuberculosis to help control and mitigate the impact of the dual epidemic. Zambart staff form an interdisciplinary team with a range of expertise including epidemiology, clinical science, social science, laboratory, operations research, health systems and services research, health policy analysis, health economics, health communication and counselling.
XACT – III is a randomised controlled trial (RCT) to evaluate a scalable active case finding intervention for TB using a point-of-care molecular tool (GeneXpert).
To support the research activities, we are looking for two candidates to fill the following positions:
Research Assistant (1) – Kanyama (Lusaka)
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Research Assistants will be reporting to the Study Manager.
- Ensure adherence to the SOPs, according to station of duty at mobile field site.
- Ensure confidentiality during interaction with the participants.
- Assist the Study Manager in the field activities such participant screening and recruitment.
- Ensure that informed consent is duly administered consistent with the SOP.
- Ensure that the TB symptom screening is conducted as SOP.
- XACT-III study questionnaire is administered to consented eligible participants.
- Ensure HIV testing is conducted as per National Guidelines.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Must be a grade twelve (12) certificate holder or more and at least 21 years and above
- Good social communication skills.
- Must be a psychosocial/HIV testing counsellor.
- Must have some knowledge on TB/HIV research.
- Computer literacy and ability to use an electronic data capture device (tablet).
- Be registered with Counselling Council of Zambia.
- A minimum of 2 years work experience in a similar position.
- Fluency in English, Nyanja and Bemba spoken in target community.
- Must be willing to work long hours or as duty demand.
- Excellent communication skills.
Only applicants who meet the criteria for the above positions should submit their application letter, CV and certificates to:
The Human Resources Manager,
Zambart Head Office
UNZA at Ridgeway Campus,
Off Nationalist road,
PO Box 50697,
or email to Jobs@zambart.org.zm.
Kindly state the position you are applying for.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Tuesday 16th June, 2021.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@zambart.org.zm.