Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC)
Position: Reliability Engineer
Lumwana Mine, Kalumbila, Zambia.
Reporting to: Coordinator – Maintenance Planning and Reliability.
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Reliability Engineer.
Reporting to the Coordinator – Planning & Reliability, you will be responsible for supporting operations in maximising the utilization, reliability and cost effectiveness of the mining fleet whilst ensuring compliance with relevant procedure, policies, legal requirements and consent conditions. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop whole of life equipment strategies that utilize RCM processes that meet legislative, OEM and Company requirements, and, include technical requirements for equipment strategy documents, spares requirements, repair specifications, and, QA / QC requirements
- Develop Life Cycle Cost models that optimise life cycle costs and identify repair v replacement decisions.
- Improve equipment reliability through asset condition and integrity reviews, equipment strategy validation, equipment root cause analysis, component hour analysis reviews, equipment technical support and undertaking improvement projects.
- Manage reliability processes such as defect elimination, root cause analysis, lubrication, condition monitoring, and, QA / QC
- Ensure compliance with statutory acts and regulations and consent conditions and ensure that all relevant standards are adhered to in the project environment.
- Ensure controlled document management system is in place and maintained for all electronic drawings and equipment manuals.
Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical/ Industrial Engineering
- Member of Zambian Institute of Engineers
- Minimum of 5 years mining experience in the reliability function focused on mobile fleet units such as drill rigs, diesel and electric power excavators and electrical haul trucks.
- High levels of competency in equipment strategy development using RCM methods, life cycle costing, root cause analysis (RCA) and defect elimination processes.
- Demonstrated ability in improving equipment reliability.
- Competent in condition monitoring techniques and data interpretation inclusive of oil condition, thermography, vibration analysis, thickness testing
- Competent in maintenance work management processes and supporting processes such as contracts, procurement, rotables management, spares management.
- Statutory compliant awareness – Mining Regulation and International Standards relevant to mining equipment
- Experience in interpretation and working with engineering drawings.
- Ability to communicate effectively across all levels, confident communicator with senior management, legal entities and external stakeholders.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply. Lumwana Mine does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.