Website United Bank for Africa (Z) Limited
Position: Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking
Division: Commercial Banking
Department: Wholesale Banking
A Relationship Manager, Commercial Banking is responsible for driving client acquisition and management of existing Commercial client relationships consistent with the Bank’s strategy.
Functionally reports to the Head, Commercial Banking
Administratively reports to the Head, Commercial Banking
- Primary responsibility for the management of own portfolio of customers ensuring that they receive the appropriate level of service and advice to meet their specific needs.
- Identify and develop commercial banking relationships.
- Enhance client retention by providing a one-stop point of contact for all the client’s needs and requirements while providing world class customer service
- Establish and develop various sales strategies to meet ever changing customer needs in liaison with the Product Development Team
- Maintain and acquire and reactivate customer relationships to improve deposit liability growth and mix.
- Conduct market research and competitor analyses within marketing area and develop strategies that will give the bank a large part of the market within its vicinity.
- Recommend the creation of viable and profitable risk assets to increase business office profitability weekly and monthly statistics/performance reports for management use.
- Sourcing for and monitoring of customer’s tenured investment / facilities.
- Design product offerings tailored to meet the needs of the commercial sector in the country while maintaining regular contacts with their executives to push the Bank’s business.
- Initiate and carry out recovery action on non-performing credits facilities.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achieve the approved Commercial Banking PBT target for the Bank
- 100% attainment of annual targets (Deposits, Risk Assets, fees & commission, client conversions)
- % of large corporate sector accounts controlled by UBA in the country
- Timeliness in delivering revenue generation reports
- Timeliness & effectiveness in completion of assigned tasks
- Efficiency level at executing scheduled and ad hoc assignments
- Effectiveness establishing new relationships
- Targets Assigned Vs Actual
- Interpersonal skills
- Advisory skill
- Strategic Thinking
- Relationship Management
- Negotiation & Analytical skill
- Product Development
- Leadership skill
- Selling & Marketing skill
Job Requirements & Knowledge:
- Accounting, Finance and Financial analysis
- Policy and Regulatory Interpretation skill and Implementation capability
- Good understanding of the Zambian banking industry.
- Knowledge of the bank’s policies, products and services.
- Relationship management.
- Knowledge on BOZ Regulatory policies.
- Financial cost Management.
- Internal processes and policies of the bank
- Good understanding of financial services sector
- Banking products
- Candidate must possess a minimum of a first degree or second class lower degree (BSc) from a recognized university
- An additional qualification – MBA/M.SC and/or professional qualifications is required
- Candidate must have 5 years banking experience.
- Candidates must have a minimum of 5 credits on their Grade 12 results with Mathematics and English included.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements must send a copy of their CV, a cover letter, and academic qualifications to [email protected] before 7th April 2021.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.