This is an intermediate-level position responsible for delivering Citi’s global network and product franchise to Top-Tier Local Corporations in Zambia. As part of the coverage team, you will manage a portfolio of existing clients and tasked with growing the business through client acquisitions and cross selling, with emphasis in Cash Management, Trade Finance & Services, and Treasury products, Fixed Income, Loan Syndications, Debt Capital Markets and Structured Finance.
Specifically, you will be responsible for developing and maintain our existing business relationships, implement client & product strategies to grow our share of the industry wallet, and contribute effectively to the profitability of our business while achieving a high level of client satisfaction. As a credit officer, you will be responsible for the entire credit origination and approval process which include industry research, financial analysis and credit monitoring and approvals.
- Meet the business annual revenues for the assigned portfolio.
- Grow the business by identifying new sales and business development opportunities through implementation of the sales strategy, aggressive marketing and managing the sales pipeline for the assigned portfolio.
- Maintain good relationships with clients so that the business can maximize the value of those relationships as well as retain the customers.
- Initiate and build Cross functional relationships within the corporate bank and other Units including operations, markets, transaction services and compliance among others in order to serve customers better.
- Identify and mitigate current and anticipated risks in the business through application of Citibank Credit policies and processes
- Ensure consistent customer satisfaction by coordinating with other departments in meeting product and service delivery expectations
- Responsible for credit analysis, presentations and seeking credit approvals for the assigned portfolio.
- Enhancing customer loyalty to ensure retention of clients.
- Maintain a sound control & ethical environment (AML / KYC / fraud)in line with regulatory frameworks as well as the Bank’s leadership standards.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Master’s Degree in Business or related field preferred
- Credit Experience – both credit presentation and credit analysis
- Client Interfacing Working experience and a good understanding of banking operations and banking products/solutions
- Consistently demonstrate clear and concise written and verbal communication
- Proven planning, negotiation and analytical skills
- Ability to have a professional attitude
- Good working knowledge of Cash management/treasury/capital market products.
- Candidates with working experience in managing customer relationships will have an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a self-starter with drive and initiative and eagerness to learn
- Good team skills and the ability to work effectively with all levels.
- Bachelor’s degree/University degree or equivalent experience.
Job Family Group:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the “EEO is the Law” poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit jobs.citi.com.