Kids Alive Zambia
Position: Reintegrated Enterprise Development Officer
Group: Programs Department
Reports to: Senior Manager-Program Quality & Partnership
Provides supervision to: Reintegrated Enterprise Development Assistant
Who we are
Kids Alive (www.kidsalive.org) is a Christ-centered organization that believes every child deserves to live free from the bondage of hunger, abuse, and exploitation. Our commitment to this Biblical truth compels us to rescue orphans and vulnerable children, and meet their spiritual, physical, educational, and emotional needs, with compassion and excellence.
The Reintegration Enterprise Development Officer (REDO) will serve as the technical lead on program design and Enterprise development. The current portfolio has a strong family strengthening and livelihood focus. Reintegration Enterprise Development is an evolving portfolio within KAZ, and the Officer will be responsible for merging current programs with new approaches and strategies while simultaneously cultivating new partnerships and programmatic areas within the portfolio to ensure impact and family sustainability in keeping families together. The REDO will work closely with the Program and Communication teams on integrated work streams to translate knowledge from the field into successful funding proposals and investment applications for the vulnerable families that KAZ is working with.
1. Reintegration management and implementation
- Review the reintegration process, map out the stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Identify enterprise entry points in the reintegration process and develop a strategy of implementation;
- Lead the development of KAZ business pre- qualification standards, systems, procedures and processes that will address and support strengthening of families;
- Develop an enterprise business strategy or plan for each of our target families and facilitate/support its implementation;
- Identify opportunities and facilitate external linkages in the areas of enterprise development in KAZ reintegration processes;
- Manage the implementation of keeping families together Initiative through strengthened efforts by assessing the business ideas, capacity and potential of a family;
- Identify opportunities for families and connect to possible value chains for family sustainability;
- Research on business environment, identify and develop unique schemes to help in the implementation of a sustainable and impactful business plan.
- Collaborate with Spring of life and Isaiah programme teams and develop enterprise based interventions for foster families.
2. Monitoring, Compliance and Reporting
- Design tools and systems that will be used for tracking and evaluation of the reintegration process;
- Liaise with Communications Officer to develop a variety of communications materials and knowledge resources to provide up-to-date and persuasive evidence of program results and create impact investments;
- Be well-informed about emerging best practices, current issues and trends in assigned program for economic empowerment.
- Develop and submit quarterly, monthly and annual reports.
- Provide detailed data analyses demonstrating programme impact.
3. Capacity Building, Networking and collaborations
- Participate in the technical level steering committee and investment committee meetings hosted by UN agencies, granting NGOs, and Government Ministry enterprise technical groups.
- Set up meetings between families and market linkages as well as handle any negotiations that may arise.
- Take a lead in identifying, cultivating and developing new funding partnerships, alliances and opportunities;
- Identify opportunities for possible funding for families by creating networks with the Ministry of small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and other capacity support services in the KAZ geographies;
- Liaise with Social Workers/ REDA to ensure that the pre-qualification standard is fulfilled within the correct time frame;
- Capacity build staff in all business enterprise systems and processes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or Diploma in business administration, Marketing, finance, and/or economics
- Minimum of three years of relevant or equivalent work experience.
- Professional experience in fund management with an interest in impact investments.
- Extensive experience in market and/or rural development, access to finance (both micro and SME), SME accelerators or business development services, and/or other forms of consulting or operational experience with SMEs in emerging markets;
- Strong in proposal writing experience, as well as significant project management experience;
- Strong Christian with unquestionable religious disposition
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Proven ability to work in a team environment
- Positive attitude, showing concern for people and community
- High level of self-motivation
- Ability to evaluate and analyze the behavior of families/community members
- Abilities to relate and connect with children and their families to understand their perspectives
- Must possess strong client orientation, team-focused leadership skills,
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments.
- Must be self-motivated, team player, flexible and able to work effectively across office departments.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and fluency or near-fluent proficiency in local languages is desired.
- Strong in report writing and analysis of impact created.
- A committed Christian with a personal faith in Jesus Christ and a heart for serving orphans and vulnerable children
- Full alignment with the driving of the mission/vision/core values of Kids Alive International, the Bible, Christian theology, statement of faith, and practice as stated on our website at www.kidsalive.org/meet-kidsalive/about/what-we-believe/ and www.kidsalive.org/meet-kids-alive/about/
- A commitment to champion and contributes towards our organizational culture
- Consistent commitment to open and honest communication, demonstrating respect for all
- Must abide by all child protection and vulnerable adult protocols
- A person of integrity and strong character
To apply for this job email your details to KAZrecruit@kidsalive.org.