Investrust Bank Plc
To be responsible for assembling, classifying, preserving and managing valuable collections of historical information for the bank including organizing archival records and developing classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials.
- Ensures the archives are accessible for a range of research projects and to support users by ensuring appropriate collections care;
- Organizes archival records and develop classification systems to facilitate access to archival materials;
- Prepares archival records, such as document descriptions, to allow easy access to information;
- Classifies record collections and manage information and records;
- Works with managers to ensure records are kept appropriately;
- Provide advice and guidance on information governance and records management skills development; and deliver training where necessary;
- Contributes to the creation of a business classification structure for electronic records and its implementation;
- Promotes awareness and use of the records management system;
- Develops and applies retention schedules to the backlog of records (in out-stores);
- Identifies ways of protecting and preserving record collections;
- Maintains user-friendly, computer-aided as well as manual system search systems;
- Advises on the on-going organisation and storage of material in order to encourage Organisations to plan for the future;
- Advises and supports users on how best to access, use and interpret archives;
- Creates and maintains accessible, retrievable computer archives and databases, incorporating current advances in electric information storage technology;
- Supports the creation and updating of retention and disposal schedules for all classes of records (regardless of format) generated & maintained by the bank;
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 ‘O’ levels.
- Diploma in Records and Archives Management or Information Science.
- Member of the Zambian Archives and Records Management Association (ZARMA).
- Records management
- Library and archiving
- Computer literate
- Planning and organising
- Business understanding
- Oral and written communication
Minimum Experience Required
- Not less than two (2) year in a Records Management Library/Archive with a reputable organisation