Website AIDS Healthcare Foundation
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is one of largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the nation. Our mission is to provide cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay. Through our healthcare centers, pharmacies, health plan, research and other activities, AHF provides access to the latest HIV treatments for all who need them.
The AIDS healthcare Foundation (AHF) Zambia invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the under listed position:
Job Title: Registered Nurse
Location: Chifundo Clinic-Lusaka
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintains clinical competency, as demonstrated in providing directing and monitoring patient care; begins clinic on time: advices patients concerning diet, hygiene and method for prevention of diseases.
- Assists and communicates with medical staff concerning patient care issues (e.g., change in condition, refill requests, patient incidents, blood results, etc.)
- Participates in the case management of individual patients to ensure the continuity care;
- Participates in Developing internal working systems relevant to the medical/nursing operations within a clinic setting:
- Produces required reports on a timely basis;
- Maintains compliance with General nursing council and National Public Health policies and other regulatory agencies, statues and standards.
- Directs nursing care in a manner reflective of the philosophy of AIDS Healthcare Foundation:
- Provides education to patient and patient’s personal support system in areas such disease management. safe sex, referrals, etc.;
- Promotes team work, good interpersonal relations and communication among staff at the healthcare setting partner organizations, governmental organs etc.;
- Participates in nursing and clinic staff orientation and serves as a clinical resource;
- Plans and participates in educational programs for the nursing and clinic staff;
- Works with the clinic team to ensure that supplies that directly impact patient care are available.
- Exercises appropriate judgment and good decision-making skills; and
- Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education /or Experience:
- Registered/Enrolled Nurse
- Certified in HIV Care Management
- A minimum of 2-3 years working experience in HIV treatment and care
- Knowledge of clinical protocols and procedures in the management of HIV related diseases.
- Registered with General Nursing Council
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power point presentation
- This position requires someone who is conversant with the local languages and cultures in the region
- Basic Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Highest Skills: Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems. Ability to deal with nonverbal symbolism (formulas, scientific equations, graphs, musical notes, etc.,) and its most difficult phases. Ability to deal with a variety of abstract and concrete variables.
Other Skills & Abilities
- Sensitivity to issues surrounding HIV and AIDS.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to provide coverage at other AHF sites upon request.
Interested candidates meeting the above stated qualifications and skills are required to submit their applications with the following documents; Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae with Three (3) traceable Referees by Monday, 24th May, 2021.
Applications should be clearly marked in the Email Subject line with the position being applied for.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AIDS Healthcare Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.