African Parks Network
The Regional Human Resources Manager will act as the overarching HR supervisor for the African Parks operation in Zambia and other regions as may be required. He/She would be responsible for promoting management excellence by ensuring accountability in all areas of Human Resources (HR) for National and International Staff. This will be achieved by demonstrating a high level of skill in the management of staff resources including selection based on merit and the needs of the organization, staff aspiration and counseling, systematic and equitable performance management, compensation and benefits, and staff career development activities. Key aspects of the role are as follows:
HR Strategy, Leadership and Coordination
- Support Park Managers with the implementation of best practices for Human Resources management
- Ensure that HR issues are given full consideration in all decision making
- Work with PMUs to implement appropriate human resource policies and standards that ensure effective, fair and equitable management of employees throughout the organisation;
- Monitor compliance with all procedures relating to HR Management to ensure integrity and accountability along with high quality standards in all activities relating to Human Resources as per local labour laws and APN Standards of Operations;
- Provide advice, information and support to Park Managers, line managers and employees on HR policies and procedures in line with best practice;
- Focus on the continuous improvement of HR processes and procedures;
- Promote best practices relating to staff health, hygiene and safety;
- Prepare reports for management in relation to employee turnover; new hires; resignations; training and development etc.
- Assist with employment contract compilation.
- Build good relationships with Local Labour Department.
Talent Acquisition and Management
- Support the various operations to ensure that talent acquisition processes are maintained at the highest practicable level and are professional and rigorous;
- Support park management with regards to talent retention and succession planning initiatives
- Coordinate recruitment with external service suppliers and APN Head Office
- Support, communicate, train and advise the management team on recruitment initiatives and interviewing techniques.
- Support, communicate and advise senior management on talent development initiatives
Administration, Compliance and Organisational Design
- Support operations with the acquisition of, legal compliance with and the administrative functions relating to work permits, registration and visas for all Expatriate staff;
- Maintenance of personnel files, with regular updates;
- Operate the Electronic Payroll system correctly and updating the database when necessary;
Compensation and Benefits
- Make recommendations to the organisation relating to benefits that ensure organizational competitiveness in local talent markets, deliver flexibility and creativity to employees and which are cost-effective for African Parks;
- Review where applicable and guide the organisation on compensation policies and benefit programs including annual salaries and benefit review where applicable.
Training and development
- Work in line with African Parks, national/global resources to promote and arrange delivery of training that is directly relevant and beneficial to the operations;
- Manage the annual training and development plan and budget and ensure that all individual training plans are followed up.
- Coordinate the performance management of employees including job description formulation, assessments and promotions;
- Support, guide and assist the park management units with respect to disciplinary procedures.
- Implement performance appraisals, training and feedback;
- Coordinate with the Government Institutions for the performance appraisal of the Government employees.
- Drive best practice and act as counsel to management on all issues of employee performance.
- Maintain industrial harmony amidst the workforce.
- Ensure quick resolution of grievances and disciplinary matters.
Capabilities, competencies and experience needed for the job
- Master’s degree preferred, minimum 7 to 10 years of progressive HR professional experience;
- Demonstrated success in supporting key senior management and building relationships
- Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, and training and development
- Good leadership and people management skills
- Strong personal integrity and dependability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable experience managing and working in partnership with other organizations
- Excellent work ethic and grounding of discretion and confidentiality
- Strong willingness to live in a rural setting and experience living in remote locations.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Good team player and experience in managing teams
To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com by 21 June 2021.
Should you not hear back from us within 2 weeks after closing date, please take it that your application was unsuccessful.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit africanparks.org .