John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Job Title: Regional Director
Location: Copperbelt, Zambia
Duration: Full-Time position
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party, Technical Programs
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program will employ private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365 and PharmAccess.
JSH seeks a dynamic and highly experienced candidate for the position of Regional Director for the Copperbelt office, Zambia. S/he will be the overall leader responsible for the successful implementation of program activities and operations for the Copperbelt office in line with the approved program design and budget, and work closely with other staff in the province as well as with Lusaka colleagues. The Copperbelt project office will have approximately 20 staff including JSH and partner employees. This position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party based in Lusaka.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct supervision to key office staff including the Technical Officers and Finance & Operations Manager. Develop individual roles and responsibilities, define tasks, develop and document professional development plans, and conduct performance appraisals with supervisee(s).
- Provide overall program management support to project staff in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of project activities, particularly related to social marketing and private sector engagement (private pharmacies, suppliers, NGOs, mining industry, and others).
- Develop comprehensive networking and collaboration between the project and key stakeholders, particularly the private sector in the province.
- Organize and facilitate public-private dialogue and partnerships to overcome barriers in healthcare access and utilization, particularly in the areas of family planning and HIV.
- Liaise with Regional Coordinators in Central and Southern provinces to ensure regional coordination and consistency in approaches.
- Overall coordination to ensure cost effective and timely completion of project activities and deliverables per the approved workplan.
- Oversee program implementation, finance, operations, and human resources activities for the office, liaising with Lusaka staff to be in line with overall project guidance for Lusaka and regions.
- Ensure that JSH program, finance, operations, employee manuals and related forms are followed and ensure staff trained on use.
- Ensure routine program and financial reports (monthly, quarterly, annual) are prepared for the office.
- Overall responsibility for refining, implementing and regularly updating program management systems and tracking tools.
- Provide guidance to the subpartner staff in programmatic and contractual areas.
- Travel for implementation and monitoring of program activities.
- Ensure effective systems and controls for all office programming and activities to ensure compliance with donor rules and regulations, JSH policy and local laws at all times.
- Provide oversight for program, finance, operations and human resources areas.
- Implement and adhere to JSH’s personnel, finance, operations and fraud management policies.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Chief of Party or other senior staff.
- Master’s qualifications in MPH, MBA or related field with a minimum of 10 years direct work experience in Zambia in health management and programming.
- Demonstrated senior leadership experience on a donor-funded health project. USAID and working knowledge of U.S. government rules and regulations are strongly desired.
- Expertise working in partnership with local and national level governments, private sector, donors, and project partners, and other stakeholders.
- Proven management skills, including relevant experience in direct supervision of professional staff.
- Ability to take initiative and work and lead teams.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel required.
Supervision and Reporting:
This position will report to the Deputy Chief of Party, Technical Programs
Mode of Application:
Send an application via email ONLY to email@example.com. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for; only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter and CV with three references and full addresses and contact information. Please note that you do not need to apply if you don’t meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: Friday, July 16
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.