World Vision Zambia
Employee Contract Type:
Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
This regional position aims to strategically lead, promote, and strengthen a culture of integrated and effective Risk and Compliance Management working cross-functionally and collaboratively across People and culture, Supply Chain, Finance, Safeguarding, and Integrated Programs. The position holder will be expected to understand and evaluate World Vision’s unique organizational environment in the Southern Africa Region, and its political, economic, and social landscape, and apply a deep understanding of technical principles to develop and implement an effective risk management strategy. This role will also plan, lead, and conduct special investigations of employee grievances, harassment, policy violations, and safeguarding including conducting and reporting on best practices using regional trend analysis, and external market research to inform senior leadership teams at the regional and national levels.
Regional Strategic Risk and Stakeholder engagement
- Spearhead quarterly regional strategic risk review by comparing recurrent risks with emerging risks taking into account changes in the environment, political and economic changes
- Compile analytical reports from EthicsPoint, Risk Connect, and other systems for a holistic view of incident management and trends across the region
- Equip National Office regional risk oversight committees to conceptualize and communicate risk management trends that are strategic, operational, functional, and legal to national Office senior leadership team
Incident & Investigation Management Capability strengthening
- Provide regional quarterly training on incident reporting, Incident Management principles and practices as well as the usage of the Incident Management system, Risk Connect, Integrity and Protection Hotline
- Ensure that incidents and investigations are analyzed and relevant Lessons Learned, and After-Action Reviews, are applied, reducing the likelihood and impact of repeat incidents.
- Coordinate investigations in response to incidents, allegations, and complaints with relevant functional owners (i.e. P&C, GIIU, Safeguarding)
- Ensure assigned investigations are conducted legally, ethically, on a timely and cost-effective basis, and in compliance with relevant policies and regulations.
- Review the investigative capacity of relevant functions in each national office across the Southern Africa region and provide recommendations to the regional leadership team
- Provide technical guidance, on-the-job training, coaching, and mentoring to newly certified investigators in P&C, Safeguarding
- Liaise with WV global partnership stakeholders on specific cases ensuring they are kept informed of case progression as necessary.
Promote a regional risk culture and compliance strengthening
- Provide technical guidance to senior leadership teams in the development, review and implementation of NO risk management strategies
- Strengthen the capacity of NO risk management committees to ensure mechanisms in all NOs are strategically aligned and in alignment with the WVI Enterprise Risk Management
- Framework and WV’s Risk Appetite Statement
- Spearhead the design of frontline staff learning programmes and staff campaign materials to support World Vision risk awareness culture and strengthen a child-safe organization taking into account language, program size, and context
- Lead the monitoring, and reporting of recurrent findings, and weaknesses in internal controls through audit, investigation, and program quality reports and ensure quarterly reports are developed and shared with the regional leadership team
Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Minimum seven years of risk management, audit, organizational effectiveness, quality assurance experience in International Organizations (risk and data analysis, grant quality and compliance) out of these years, 3 (three) are in senior management roles in large international organizations in Africa or low developing contexts. In addition, 2 to 3 years professional experience in investigation, auditing, research, law and/or project management.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Accounting, Criminal Justice, Finance, or a related field.
- Professional training on investigations and or crisis management
- Excellent knowledge of INGO risk management practices
- Excellent investigation, research, analytical skills
- Demonstrated experience in strategic risk analysis, management, monitoring and reporting
- Excellent Leadership, stakeholder engagement and influencing senior leadership teams, matrix functional leads
- Excellent facilitation, negotiation, coordination and networking skills at all levels
- Performance history in strengthening organizational capacity in risk, data analytics, organizational effectiveness
- Ability to manage stress and utilize emotional intelligence
- Digital dexterity, and in-depth computer knowledge including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- A master’s degree in commerce, finance, management or a similar field
- Completion of a law enforcement investigation training program, CPA (Certified Public Accountant) or CIA (Certified Internal Auditor) or CA (Chartered Accountant) and or CFE (Certified Fraud Examiner)
- Certified Fraud examiner (CFE), Investigation Certification from a law enforcement agency
- Fluency in, French or Portuguese
- Knowledge of the WVI business and management systems is preferan
Location: Anywhere in Africa with preference on someone from Southern Africa
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
To apply for this job please visit worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.