An opportunity has become available for a Reconciliations Administrator to join our team in Lusaka, Zambia.
The main purpose of the role is to manage cash stop cash movement, manage the country’s daily recons and liaise with treasury to ensure cash stop balances are accurate.
The Reconciliations Administrator will also liaise with various internal & external stakeholder from time to time and ensure that month-end reports (sign-offs) are obtained.
Duties And Responsibilities (Include But Is Not Limited To)
- Perform daily reconciliations as directed
- To liaise with other internal departments for any recon related issues and provide aid when required.
- Updating the daily report sheets every morning
- Setting up daily collections report
- Create an accurate summary of all transaction for each branch at the end of each month
- Manage cash stops stock movement
- Create a monthly summary for the branch analysis
- Create a report to analyse daily transactions per teller
- Identify any potential risks and suggest possible controls / measures to mitigate
- To provide assistance to the Accounts team as and when required
- Assist the Accountants with the preparation of monthly reports
- Prepare documentation required for month end reporting
- Provide general assistance to the Accounts team
- Attend weekly KPI meeting with manager
- Attend monthly performance meeting with manager
- Prepare for and attend monthly meeting with Senior Accountant to review statements
- Attend all required training courses for new products
- Liaise with other internal departments for any recon related issues and provide aid when required.
- Communicate any system malfunction to the IT support and ensure a minimum to zero impact on recons is achieved
- Any other adhoc projects as assigned
- Grade 12 / or equivalent (Essential)
- Degree/diploma in accounting (Essential)
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in the accounting field with an extensive experience reconciliations
- Proven record of working on spreadsheets and knowledge of Excel formulae
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Computer skills
- Verbal and Written communication skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Problem solving skills
If you do not receive any response after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit mukuru.breezy.hr.