Zambart is a research institution known internationally for cutting edge applied and interdisciplinary research on urgent public health issues. Zambart’s mission is to provide evidence based research to influence policy. Zambart staff form an interdisciplinary team with a range of expertise including epidemiology, clinical science, social science, laboratory, operations research, health systems and services research, health policy analysis, health economics, health communication and counselling. Zambart’s head office is located at Ridgeway Campus, the University of Zambia.
XACT-19 is a randomised controlled trial (RCT) and observational trial to evaluate the impact of computer-assisted x-ray diagnosis and other triage tools to optimise Xpert orientated community-based active case finding for TB and COVID-19
To support the research activities, we are looking for candidates to fill the following position:
The candidates will be stationed in Lusaka, Kanyama.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Report to the Team Leader and study nurse
- Every morning he/she confirms if all the equipment and accessories are available using a check list prepared before
- Responsible for confirmation if the machine and other equipment under his responsibilities are working properly
- Will explain to the participants the X-ray procedure
- Will perform the X-ray procedure
- Will ensure a good exposure of the chest X-ray
- Use the CAD4TB for identification of areas of abnormalities.
- Direct the participant to the next station based on their CAD4TB score
- Diploma in Radiology and 3+ years of work experience
- Operational planning experience
- Computer literacy and ability to use an electronic data capture device (tablet)
- Strong organizational and management skills. Self-motivation and attention to details
- Excellent oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the main local languages in the area
- Registered with HPCZ
- Prepared to work in a busy and challenging environment and flexible working hours
- Knowledge of the study community and an understanding of the dynamics
- Previous research experience
How to apply
Only applicants who meet the criteria for the above positions should submit their application letter, CV and certificates to Zambart Head Office at Ridgeway Campus, Nationalist Road to the email below stating the position being applied for.
Email: [email protected]
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 5th May 2022. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to Jobs@zambart.org.zm.