Family Health and Nutrition Project (FHN) is a five-year, USAID-funded project that will contribute to reduction of maternal mortality and under five mortality through collaboration with Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), Ministry of Health (MOH), communities and other local partners to improve health system performance and to deliver high-quality, accessible reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH&N) care. Working in four provinces, Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga, and Southern, FHN will work with MOH provincial and district counterparts to deliver high-quality services, strengthen health systems, and increase community engagement.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego seeks candidates for the following position(s):
Quality Improvement Advisor (12)
Location: Luapula, Eastern, Muchinga and Southern province
Reports to: Technical Director
Positions supervised: None
Quality Improvement (QI) Advisors will work closely with the FHN technical director to deliver quality TA to the target provinces to strengthen the quality assurance/quality improvement (QA/QI) systems and process resulting in improved outcome and experience of care. Based in assigned districts within the FHN provinces, the QI Advisor will work MOH counterparts to reinvigorate and maintain a robust QA/QI system using established MOH processes.
- Foster and establish productive working relationship with MOH colleagues
- Provide TA to provincial and district structures to strengthen QA/QI systems including performance assessments, service quality assessment, and technical supportive supervision.
- Support identification and documentation of root causes for poor performance of high impact interventions through provincial and district QA/QI committees
- Lead FHN’s QA/QI TA in assigned province guiding planning, budgeting, scheduling, and implementing activities under medium-term expenditure framework (MTEF) and/or RMNCAH&N CoC program.
- Support PHOs and DHOs to develop QI projects at provincial, district and facility level
- Work closely with district capacity strengthening officers to implement QA/QI capacity strengthening at district level structures.
- Support collaboration with professional associations (e.g. MAZ) and other partners to overcome barriers to respective maternity care.
- Liaise with HMIS Advisors to support data utilization to ensure that gaps are identified and action plans are well documented and tracked.
- Support best practice sharing utilizing the existing provincial and district platforms including ECHO
- Support strengthening provincial level MPDSR processes including building capacity of relevant provincial staff in supporting district level MPDSR.
- In collaboration with the Technical Director ensure that necessary FHN planning, budgeting and management activities occur to facilitate smooth and efficient implementation of program activities.
- Identify and document program successes, best practices, challenges and lessons learnt and facilitate sharing at international, national and district levels.
- Contribute to annual planning process in collaboration with the program team.
- Perform or assume other duties as assigned by the chief of party to ensure the smooth of the program.
- Master’s degree in public health or related field
- 7 to 8 years’ experience in successful field implementation and management of programs in maternal and newborn health for the public, private or NGO sector
- Technically proficient with up-to-date clinical MNCAHN skills
- Experience supporting QA/QI systems at subnational level
- Experience in supporting QA/QI projects to improve service delivery at district/facility level.
- Strong communication, clinical skills training, coaching and mentorship skills
- Provincial/District-level work experience in Zambia and solid relationships with the Zambian health sector
- Knowledge of the roles and functions of the different structure of PHOs and DHOs
- Experience in the development of strategic and tactical plans in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Ability to build capacity and collaboration between governmental and non-governmental partners and other project implementers
- Experience in data management at the facility and program level
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, writing and oral presentation skills
- Strong results-oriented, decision-making skills
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple task and intense pressure to perform
- Familiarity with USAID donor policies and administrative procedures, and experience in design and implementation health programs
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line (position – location) to the Human Resources Manager: Zambiajobs@jhpiego.org.
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is Friday 30th July, 2021.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia