Dangote Cement Zambia
- Prepare and carry out chemical analysis on raw meal, clinker and cement samples using wet chemistry, in line with approved sampling and analysis standards and procedures.
- Analyses samples Coal, Gypsum, diesel and other special samples delivered for plant or power plant operations for agreed quality parameters.
- Analyze water sample for the plant and power plant operations and interpret results accordingly.
- Ensure results are accurately interpreted and relevant actions are taken where necessary.
- Liaise with relevant departments to ensure effective running of the chemical laboratory.
- Identify and rectify deviations from target quality standards promptly and inform the Head, Quality Control and Assurance of the actions taken.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records/database for all sample analysis and interpretation.
- Provide and maintain a safe work environment by participating in safety programmes and by conducting laboratory safety audits.
- Manage inventory of chemicals and laboratory items including glassware in the laboratory stores and request for new supplies where necessary.
- Maintain laboratory and relevant equipment in good working condition.
- Ensure chemical laboratory equipment’s are properly calibrated as scheduled
- Prepare periodic chemical lab analysis and activity reports.
- Maintain high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the laboratory on a consistent basis.
- Operate and monitor the QCX/RoboLab using the QCX/RoboLab software.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the HOD, Quality Control and Assurance from time to time.
- Lead shift gang in performing maintenance and repair duties for the plant.
- A minimum of three (3) years of related job experience,
- Degree or its equivalent in Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suits/SAP applications.
- Medical Insurance Cover
- In-House Pension Scheme
- Quarterly Production Bonus
- Life Assurance
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.