Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency (ZAMMSA)
Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency is the largest pharmaceutical and medical distributor in Zambia. It contributes to the pharmaceutical component of health care provision in Zambia through: –
- Procurement of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
- Warehousing of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies
- Distribution of pharmaceuticals and medical supplies to all districts and public sector hospitals
- Monitoring of usage trends and analyzing of logistics information
- Maintaining existing and establishing new relationships with stakeholders and partners in order to develop supply chain services in line with existing and future needs
- Providing services to customers professionally
In order to enhance our services, we are seeking to employ for the following position:
QUALITY ASSURANCE OFFICER
Grade: ZAMMSA 5 Main Job Purpose
To assist the quality Assurance Manager in maintaining an effective ZAMMSA Quality Assurance System in accordance with WHO-Quality Assurance System Model and Quality Management System ISO 9001
1: Receipt and Inspection of Received Products
- Ensures that prior to receipt, all items being received have copies of their supply contract or purchase
- Inspects incoming and outgoing goods at the time of receipt to verify the identity, quality and condition of goods received.
- Prepares Goods Acceptance letters/certificates and reports on goods received against the
- Conducts visual inspection of samples for each consignment of received medical products
- Records and reports any deviations or discrepancies
- Ensures that products being receipted are registered by ZAMRAN
2: Labeling of Products
- Sticks quality assurance labels on products according to product status
3: Warehouse Management and Procedures
- Inspects all company warehouses to ensure Good Warehousing Practices are adhered to e. in terms of cleanliness, pest control, temperatures are properly recorded, all staff are putting on PPEs, the cold rooms are operating efficiently, operations are undertaken according to formulated SOPs, etc.
- Ensures that all items requiring special storage conditions (cold chain, corrosives, inflammables and dangerous drugs) are stored in special storage areas
- Ensures that all products issued out of ZAMMSA are of good quality with regard to storage conditions in accordance with pharmaceutical standards provided in the pharmaceutical guidelines
- Ensures that quarantine has products that are meant to be quarantined and those that are expired are in the right locations and well
- Checks customer orders ready for dispatch to verify the identity and quality of all
4: Cold Chain Management and Transportation
- Collects information on all cold chain items including collection of data loggers and downloads data, and records the information in the Thermal Labile Product Register
- Monitors effectively the transit cold chain and ensures medicines leave warehouses in good condition and are distributed to health facilities in good condition using, refrigerated trucks and/or cooler boxes, icepacks and data loggers.
5: Renewal of Organizational Practicing Licenses
- Assists with the renewal of ZAMMSA practicing licenses (i.e. ZAMRA, Public Health, Fire, City Planning )
6: Management of Expired Stock
- Ensures that all expired stocks are properly managed (labelled with Expired Stock stickers) to show status.
- Ensures that movement is done by inventory
- Coordinates activities bordering on new products
- Coordinates information concerning global health prices
- Acts as liaison officer between ZAMMSA and MOH including ZAMRAN and ZABS
- Prepares and submits timely Annual Quality Assurance Reports
- Prepares and submits timely Quarterly Quality Assurance Reports
- Prepares and submits timely expired stock updates
- Prepares and submits weekly and monthly updated reports
- Customer focus
- A positive attitude
- good team player with self-drive
- Responsive to change
- Quality Assurance
- Knowledge of the sector
- Warehouse management skills
- Facilitation skills
- Relationship management skills
- Supply chain management skills
- Team working
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Pharmacy (Pharmacy Technician)
- Minimum of 1-year experience
If you fit the above profile, please submit your application and an updated CV with relevant supporting documents not later than 11th July 2021 on the address below. The applications should be submitted via email only and clearly indicating the POSITION IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
The Human Resource Manager
Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency
P.O. Box 30207, Lusaka.
Please Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For clarifications please call HR Office on Ext.4213
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.