Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia
Job Title: QC Draughtsman
JOB INTENT: Ensure standard technical drawings/sketches created and utilized in the manufacture of parts as well as ensuring that the products manufactured internally/externally meet all technical standards as highlighted on all technical drawings/sketches.
REPORTS TO: QC ASSISTANT MANAGER
- Create standard technical drawings and sketches as per component/parts sample with reference to approved technical publications.
- Recreate technical drawings as per original Hitachi technical drawings
- Create drawings in line with ISO design data
- Carry out parts/component quality control as per specified drawings
- Responsible for all Quality Control tasks – quality check, inspection of incoming material, in process production items, outgoing products
- Prepare and control of QC document / report and procedure documentation
- Establish materials list for production of parts/components shown on all technical drawings
- Ensure all materials required for production as per technical drawing are available.
- Advise shop floor on the ideal materials and manufacturing processes for all products
- Create and maintain an up-to-date technical drawing library.
- Update/Maintain all company CAD/CAM software
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of an Advanced Certificate in Mechanical Drafting or Mechanical Engineering with AutoCAD (2D & 3D) from a recognised institution.
- Diploma in Mechanical engineering from a recognised institution will be an added advantage.
- Minimum experience of 5 years as a draftsman
- Practicing Member of EIZ
- Proficient in AUTO CAD and other related software
- Knowledge of other designing/modelling software will be added advantage
- Ability to create electrical drawings will be added advantage
- Excellent people Management Skills and team Building
- Good communication skills with supervisory experience
- Problem Solving and analytical skills (After failure analysis)
- Must be able to measure all parts of a mechanical component and carry out detailed drawing, all measurements angles, champers, tolerances etc.3D assembly of drawn parts to assemble
If you meet the above requirements, please send your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and a cover letter to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co; Ltd.
KK International Airport road plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
Or email in a single document to; [email protected]
The closing date for applicants is Monday, 26th July, 2021.
NOTE: All applicants are thanked for their interest, and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.