Ernst & Young (EY)
At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Are you experienced in the area of international pursuits? Could you bring energy, inspiration and new ideas to a highly skilled and valued strategic deal team?
We are helping to set EY apart from our competition and play a critical role in seeing EY achieve its growth plans and future strategy. Our targets are impressive, and EU reforms are seeing an increase in the number and value of pursuits.
The Pursuit Strategist (PS) partners with Account Teams to support global, strategic, high-value pursuits. They engage at multiple stages during the pursuit process and are responsible for developing a tailored communications strategy to articulate a compelling ‘Why EY’ proposition in all pursuit collateral. The PS is responsible for the tactical management of all pursuit work-streams including the touchpoint campaign, draft value proposition, proposal development, facilitation of pursuit readiness sessions and orals preparation.
Additionally, the PS is required to identify, co-develop and implement innovative approaches to pursuit management and drive adoption of these across the global firm.
Your key responsibilities
Strategic pursuit and opportunity management
- Assist Account Teams to provide a full-service pursuit management model for strategic, high-end opportunities
- Serve as a facilitator/key contributor in pursuit strategy sessions, manages output and drives actions
Strategic client, internal and external communications
- Assist in development of strategic messaging and lead conceptualization of all client-facing pursuit collateral
- Manage the development of opportunity value propositions
- Responsible for quality control of all client-facing materials during the pursuit
- Act as the knowledge steward for the pursuit
Administration and Reporting
- Co-lead post pursuit analysis and review; makes recommendations for process improvement
- Maintain relationships with other Markets Activation teams and key interdependency groups across the organization
- Participate in relevant internal and external networks
Analytical/Decision Making Responsibilities
- Champion Deal Activation best-practice pursuit management tools and processes
- Solution-oriented and makes sound decisions quickly, given tight timeframes
- Demonstrate versatility in a constantly evolving environment with a wide variety of social styles
- Influence / challenge the account team to optimize the chances of winning
- Work with considerable autonomy while often managing the work of others
- Provide coaching and mentoring to others; may serve as a Counsellor to other PS in Deal Activation
- Support the onboarding and training of new hires in Deal Activation
- Develop and coach Regional PS, BD and client servers through teaming on pursuits and facilitated training
- Oversee the work of the pursuit support team, including third-party resources (e.g. Deal Activation Pursuit Coordinator, external translation services, etc.)
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Good understanding of Business Development and Pursuit Management
- Excellent mother-tongue standard English
- Excellent communications skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to influence without authority, lead and coach others
- Proven ability to influence and build collaborative relationships with a wide range of stakeholders
- As the job involves responding to client needs and varying time zones, long hours are regularly required
- Moderate to frequent travel may be required
To qualify for the role, you must have
- University/Bachelor degree required (This should be modified per region to meet cultural education requirements as determined by recruiting)
- Experience in developing external marketing communications (necessary for Senior PS / advantageous for entry-level PS)
- 7+ years (PS) of Pursuit Management experience
- Experience working in a cross-border, multi-cultural environment (necessary for Senior PS / advantageous for entry-level PS)
- Expected to remain current on EY training and curriculum (e.g. Account Management Framework (AMF), Badges, etc.)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience working in a partnership/professional services environment
- Association of Proposal Management (APMP) and / or Program Management Institute (PMI) certification
What we look for
We are looking for you to make a significant contribution to Deal Activation in EMEIA. You will bring new thinking, energy and enthusiasm alongside expertise in deal management to a team that’s contributing to EY’s new global strategy.
You will have experience leading virtual teams and know how to draw the best from others, embracing differences and encouraging diversity for successful outcomes.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team’s performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to be an inclusive employer, and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service while allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your priorities.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit careers.ey.com.