An international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation is looking for a: Public Relations Officer.
- Ensure overall visibility of the mission in Zambia
- Design and implement communication annual and monthly work plan
- Design and develop Public Relation campaigns and media relations strategies to increase visibility of Caritas Czech Republic in the country
- Collaborate with internal teams and field staff in creation of communication content and maintain open communication with management
- Manage all web pages and social media platforms of the mission, track media coverage and identify new channels
- Address inquiries from the media and other parties, including social media posts
- Organize and coordinate fundraising campaigns
- Manage relationships with media stakeholders in Zambia
- Edit and update promotional material and publications (brochures, videos, social media posts etc.)
- Intensify relationship with current donors and partners, seek opportunities for sponsorship and advertising
- Implement foreign agenda communication strategy in liaison with HQ requirements and in cooperation with HQ editor of foreign topics and copywriter
- Cooperate with fundraising manager, desk officer and other HQ staff to ensure appropriate flow of information
- Manage Public Relations /communication issues
- Prepare Public Relations reports
- Strong motivation and commitment to the work
- A strong portfolio of selected past works in PR is an advantage
- Minimum of Bachelor university degree/Diploma in public relations, communications or other relevant discipline; advanced degree is an asset
- Proven track of experience in public relations at least 2 years
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with CSOs and community-level actors, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Excellent English language skills
- Working experience in the non-profit or in an international organization an asset
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills, flexibility, time-management, ability to work under stress and in difficult conditions
- Basic knowledge of financial management
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Position requires frequent travel to all CCR field operations
- Be aware and operate in conformity with Mission Policies and Procedures;
- Commits to comply in all his/her actions with CCR standards and policies including Code of Conduct and Safeguarding Policy
Duty station: Lusaka Position: National
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of detailed CV with traceable references (max 3 pages), portfolio of previous media experiences and motivation letter (1 page) by the, 27th August 2021, 17:00 to the following email address: [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Public Relations Officer– Lusaka
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Public Relations Officer – Lusaka – curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Public Relations Officer – Lusaka – cover letter
Caritas Czech Republic is an equal opportunity and treatment employer and provides all the employees a work environment free from any form of discrimination based on race, colour, gender, nationality, age, religion and creed, disability. Furthermore, Caritas Czech Republic provide employees with a safe environment with zero tolerance of sexual harassment, discrimination, bullying and other unethical behaviour in the workplace.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.