Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ)
PLANNED PARENTHOOD ASSOCIATION OF ZAMBIA
The Planned Parenthood Association of Zambia (PPAZ) is a non-governmental and not for profit organisation and is affiliated to the International Planned Parenthood Federation (IPPF). The Association advocates for Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and supplements the efforts of government and other service providers in the provision of integrated Sexual and Reproductive Health services. With funding support of Global Fund through National HIV/AIDS/STI/TB Council (NAC), PPAZ seeks experienced and qualified persons to fill the following positions:
Psychosocial Counsellors Two (2) Positions: 1 Livingstone and 1 Lusaka
This position will provide counselling and educational services to clients in the project site and in the community. The position will also be responsible for planning, organising campaigning, and dedicated towards care, treatment and improvement in infected person’s health.
The Counsellor will perform the following tasks:
- Educate clients on HIV, AIDS and STD’s and their implications to the project target population.
- Provide unbiased information on HIV testing to clients and explain the testing process in simpler way.
- Keep all the records, data about a patient confidentially and safe.
- Ensure maintaining of an accurate list of certifications of Rapid HIV Tests undertaken.
- Prepare a risk assessment report detailing the implications of risk behaviors of the project target.
- Prepares a medical follow up for critical cases at high risk of HIV infection.
- Submit a monthly statistical report as required by the project.
- Responsible for meeting set targets.
- Provide voluntary counselling for HIV testing to young people, adult men and women at the centre and outreach sites.
- Participate in designing and facilitating HIV and AIDS prevention outreach for Youth
- Participate in project designing and proposal writing for youth and HIV and AIDS prevention programmes.
- Design, organize and conduct work place HIV and AIDS awareness programmes.
- Participate in training on HIV and AIDS prevention and psychosocial counselling
- Participate in organising and facilitating edu-sport for the youth at the centre and outreach sites
- Keep accurate records of all activities facilitated
- Participate in facilitating behavioural change communication programmes for young people
- Participate in outreach HIV and AIDS prevention activities
- Performs other lawful duties as may be assigned by superior from time to time.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Diploma in Counseling from a reputable Institution
- Should have a valid practicing licence.
- At least 3 years in provision of reproductive health services.
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Time management
- Able to work independently
PPAZ is an equal opportunity employer
Please send your applications with detailed CV and clearly mark the position applied for not later than 2nd July, 2021 before close of business to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.