Family Health and Nutrition Project (FHN) is a five-year, USAID-funded project that will contribute to reduction of maternal mortality and under five mortality through collaboration with Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ), Ministry of Health (MOH), communities and other local partners to improve health system performance and to deliver high-quality, accessible reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health and nutrition (RMNCAH&N) care. Working in four provinces, Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga, and Southern, FHN will work with MOH provincial and district counterparts to deliver high-quality services, strengthen health systems, and increase community engagement.
Jhpiego is an international, non-profit health organization affiliated with The Johns Hopkins University. For 40 years in East and Southern Africa, Jhpiego has empowered front-line health workers by designing and implementing effective, low-cost, hands-on solutions that strengthen the delivery of health care services, following the household-to-hospital continuum of care. Jhpiego partners with organizations from the community to the national levels, building sustainable, local capacity through advocacy, policy development, human resources for health and quality and performance improvement approaches. For further information about Jhpiego, please visit our website at www.jhpiego.org.
Jhpiego seeks candidates for the following position(s):
Provincial Technical Assistant (TA) Lead (4)
Location: Eastern, Luapula, Muchinga, and Southern province
Reports to: Deputy Chief of Party
Positions supervised: District Capacity Strengthening Officers, MER Officer, Finance and Administrative Officer and Drivers.
The FHN Technical Assistant (TA) Lead is FHN’s primary point of contact with MOH Provincial Health Office (PHO) and responsible for coordinating FHN’s TA activities across the province, organizing FHN’s contribution to annual midterm expenditure framework (MTEF) and RMNCAH&N program planning, implementation, and monitoring.
- Plan, execute, monitor, and report on FHN provincial activities to deliver TA in line with FHN technical strategies.
- Establish and maintain productive working relationships with MOH counterparts in PHO and District Health Offices, USAID implementing partners, and RMNCAH&N program management team.
- Lead FHN’s TA contribution to (MTEF) annual planning cycle including performance reviews, community structures, selecting of interventions, and budgeting.
- Engage provincial planners to ensure activities supporting HII are prioritized in quarterly planning.
- Coordinate FHN technical support by District Capacity Strengthening Officers in delivery of TA at district level.
- Prepare FHN provincial technical and program reports.
- Manage provincial team travel plans in compliance with Jhpiego policies and procedures.
- Work with finance officer to prepare monthly cash forecasting.
- Support MOH in preparation of Sida grant technical and programmatic reporting.
- Support MOH in change management as needed for RMNCAH&H program.
- Provincial team compliance with Jhpiego policies and procedures.
- Master’s in public health or related field (health administration, public administration, business administration)
- 7 to 8 years’ experience in efficient management processes and systems across a wide range of decentralized programs.
- Proven leadership, strategic thinking, organizational, team-building, and representational skills.
- Strong knowledge of the Zambian health system.
To apply, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae in a single document, stating the position in the subject line (position – location) to the Human Resources Manager: Zambiajobs@jhpiego.org.
Kindly note that only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date is Friday 30th July, 2021.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia