Website John Snow Inc
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the recently awarded United States Agency for International Development (USAID)/PEPFAR-funded Supporting an AIDS-Free Era (SAFE) Project in Zambia. The five year project which will be led by JSI in partnership with Abt Associates, mothers2mothers, and the Catholic Medical Mission Board, will work to reduce HIV mortality, morbidity and transmission, while improving nutrition outcomes and family planning integration in three provinces: Central, Copperbelt, and North-Western. USAID/PEPFAR SAFE will work with the GRZ, private sector and civil society institutions at the national, provincial, and district level to increase access to ART for HIV positive adults and children, reduce the incidence of new infections, improve Nutritional Assessment, Counseling and Services (NACS) and family planning services, and increase the capacity of local health institutions to better serve affected populations.
Position Title: Provincial Supply Chain Coordinators
Position Type: Full Time
The USAID/PEPFAR SAFE Project works closely with GRZ health facilities to provide HIV/AIDS services in Central, Copperbelt and Northwestern Provinces. The project now seeks the services of highly qualified and motivated Zambians to fill the position of provincial Supply Chain Coordinators.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Closely work with the Provincial and District Pharmacists on the GRZ side to ensure that there is steady supply of medical, pharmaceutical and laboratory supplies in SAFE supported facilities;
- Participate in ARVs and other HIV related pharmaceutical supplies’ forecasting;
- Work with the operations team within SAFE to ensure service providers have the necessary clinical and non-clinical supplies;
- Work with the IT unit to support GRZ to roll out approved electronic information management system in all SAFE supported pharmacies;
- Enforce standard operation procedures on the management of pharmaceutical products in all SAFE supported facilities where ART is being provided;
- Lead pharmaco-vigilance services among ART beneficiaries in all SAFE supported facilities and communities in order to achieve desired treatment outcomes;
- Ensure that data between clinics and pharmacies on the use of ARV s and other drugs are synchronized;
- Plan for buffer stock to take care of shortages in pharmaceutical and laboratory supplies including HIV test kits and selected essential drugs;
- Ensure that mobile service teams are well stocked;
- Any other duty assigned by the Chief of Party.
Desirable Qualifications and Competencies:
- Degree in Pharmacy from UNZA or its equivalent with at least 5 years’ work experience in busy environments including public health facility supply chain management or
- Diploma in Pharmacy from Evelyn Hone College with at least 10 years’ experience
- Strong analytical skills in forecasting;
- Familiarity with proper handling of private information and protocol regarding client confidentiality
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task efficiently and prioritize activities in support of Project goals and deadlines
Mode of Application:
Please send a written application either via email or through regular mail. Your application should consist of a cover letter and a detailed CV, including full addresses and contact telephone numbers. Please indicate the position you are applying for in your cover letter and also give names, addresses and contact telephone numbers of three referees.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.