Workers’ Compensation Fund Control Board
PROPERTY OFFICER – NORTH
A. PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To inspect and supervise building construction and maintenance works at various properties of the board across the country so as to improve and maintain high standards of the properties
The Officer holder will be reporting to the Manager Properties
B. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- To undertake routine site inspections on Board properties and prepares technical reports so as to highlight any possible defects requiring attention
- To attend to tenants’ complaints by way of inspecting the reported defects and prepare technical report with recommendations for remedial actions.
- To prepare architectural drawings, scope of works, specifications, Bills of Quantities and Estimates of works for workers compensation Fund Control Board in order to assist with the assessing of cost implications.
- To supervise building works carried out by both hired contractors and internal artisans, prepare progress reports and certify completed works for payment purposes
- To evaluate bids submitted by contractors and recommendations to management so that the responsible contractors carry out works on Board Properties .
- To carry out tenancy screening for potential tenants, make recommendations to management, and thereafter prepare Tennant agreements .
- To Prepare rental invoices manage the rental collection and make reconciliations to maintain an updated payment profile for all commercial and residential tenants
C. JOB REQUIREMENTS AND EXPERIENCE
- Grade Twelve (12) Certificate with five (5) credit or better which should include English and Mathematics
- A degree in Real Estate or equivalent, from a recognized higher institution of learning
- At least 3 years working experience with an understanding of building construction and maintenance.
- A post qualification in project management will be added advantage
- Must be a member of the relevant professional Body
D. OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED
- A strong team player and proactive
- Sense of urgency with ability to prioritize
- Ability to work well under pressure with minimal supervision
- MUST have a valid Driver’s license of two years and above