Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following positions under the Early Childhood Development (ECD) Community Insaka – Young with Potential Project, Global Partnership in Education (GPE) and the European Union (EU) Women Empowerment and Micro Small Enterprises Support – Zambia Project:
PROJECT OFFICER – (X2)
The Project Officer will be reporting to the Project Coordinator. The incumbent will support the Project Coordinator in project implementation, working directly with the community members on the ground and assist with data management. The job holder is responsible for supporting the Project in planning, information gathering and synthesis, reflection and reporting processes.
- Works closely with the Project Manager in defining the project scope and facilitate implementation of Project activities.
- Assists with the preparation of the Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) and other key documents to support the project.
- Assists with the creation of the Annual Work Plans (AWPs) and schedules for the project and its components for the approval of the Project Manager.
- Assists with the development of the overall budget for the project as well as for project components and conducts budget reviews and analyses in conjunction with the Project Finance Officer for discussion with the Project Manager.
- Assists the Project Manager with the establishment of sustainability and project exit strategies from the inception of the project.
- Prepares regular reports to assist the Project Manager to track the progress of project components to ensure schedules and deadlines are being met.
- Identify project issues and possible solutions, and bring them to the attention of the Project Manager for action.
- Writing of project narrative reports, case stories, capturing project photos, and review of financial reports.
- Maintain current data /information of the Project.
- Integrate in all planning, mainstreaming of gender issues in project/proposal designs.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Social Sciences, Project Management or any other related studies.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ practical working experience in project management.
- Experience in managing relationships to various stakeholders.
- Experience in writing donor reports.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Appreciation of child rights.
- Analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 23rd May, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.