Website ActionAid Zambia
ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation; sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable, and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalized and excluded women and young people, their organizations, and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality, and poverty.
ActionAid Zambia has been awarded a new project focusing on Tax justice and Education; therefore, is seeking to recruit an experienced and suitably qualified individual to fill the position of Project Officer – Tax and Education; Duration: 2 Years Contract
Purpose of the Role
The Project Officer – Tax and Education will be responsible for leading the successful implementation of the Tax and Education Project within AAZ’s programme thematic areas in line with the Country Strategy Paper. The job holder shall demonstrate ambition and desire to drive the values and approaches of AAZ’s programming from a feminist perspective.
The holder will also be expected to build the capacity of partners and Core CSOs, youths Activists in the understanding of tax justice, education financing, budget tracking, and accountability.
- Lead on the consolidation of monitoring data across the AAZ CSP priority areas and ensure effective reporting against log frame and performance indicators for timely follow-ups up with implementing partners on progress against targets;
- Lead in undertaking Monitoring and Evaluation of activities implemented by AAZ supported partners in accordance with the set performance targets with the support of Hub Coordinators/LRP Managers.
- Responsible for participating in MEL global meetings (virtual & face to face) and adapt global MEL frameworks to the national and local context.
- Plan and Coordinate the undertaking of ActionAid annual & quarterly reviews on programme/ project implementation progress and impact;
- Lead in the development and review of quarterly M&E targets in collaboration with the Head of Programs, Thematic Leads, and Hub Coordinators.
- Ensure operationalization of MEL framework and other tools ensuring progress tracking and reporting against AAZ CSP indicators & targets;
- Support capacity building of partners & AAZ staff on programme reporting based on indicators and targets.
- Lead in undertaking M&E activities under the different projects with support from the relevant project officers.
- Lead on periodic and continuous data collection processes for the compilation and production of ActionAid quarterly, Bi-Annual, and Annual MEL reports.
- Leading on all baseline surveys and other summative and formative evaluations.
- Lead in establishing a functional cloud-based knowledge management system.
- Ensure that ActionAid Zambia and partners demonstrate accountability and value for money to rights holders, donors, sponsors, management and are compliant with ActionAid International accountability standards.
- Support annual and other strategic planning and budgeting processes; ensuring realistic targets are set.
- Support funding proposal and partnership development processes as required.
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues such as human rights especially women and youth are prioritised and monitored throughout all implementation processes.
- Convene monthly progress meetings across all implementing units.
- Regularly liaise with Thematic Leads, Project Managers & Hub programme coordination teams on implementation performance and timely corrective adjustments; and Performing any other responsibilities as delegated.
- A bachelor’s degree in Economics, Development studies, Civic Education, Adult Education, or other related social sciences from a recognized University;
- A minimum of three (3) years post-academic experience in Tax Justice, Education Financing, Public budgets;
- Demonstrate an understanding of both policy issues and programme practice on tax justice and progressive taxation.
- Demonstrable experience in leading and working within influential coalitions and networks;
- Demonstrable experience in advocacy and campaigns;
- Demonstrable experience in building capacity of partners and youths
- Experience in managing partnership relationships; and
- Understanding of different donor requirements and ways of working.
Other Required Competencies
- Able to work with minimum supervision and effectively guides programme in strategic processes such as strategic planning.
- Able to utilise relevant participatory methodologies to engage a broad range of stakeholders, staff, and partners. Observes relevant cultural practices that reinforce mutual respect and effective engagement.
- Able to pilot and demonstrate the implementation of alternatives.
- Meets set targets within the set time frame and targets of high quality.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of organisational mission, vision, and lives by values of the organisation.
- Ability to support and guide the country programme through strategy processes such as developing of the country strategy, partnership choices, and programme approaches.
- Maintains a cohesive team that can meet set targets.
To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address; [email protected]
Alternatively, applications can be sent to The Human Resources Department, ActionAid Zambia, P.O Box 51407, Lusaka. The closing date for receipt of applications is Saturday 13th February 2021 at 17:00 hours.
ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women below the age of 35 years are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to shortlisted and candidates finalist.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.