Website Grassroot Soccer Zambia
Grassroot Soccer Zambia is an adolescent health organisation that leverages the power of soccer to Educate, Inspire and Mobilise youth in Zambia to overcome their greatest health challenges, live healthier, more productive lives, and be agents for change in their communities. Registered as a local Non-Governmental Organization, with programs reaching an estimated 40,000 at young people annually. The overlapping epidemics of gender based violence , HIV, and broader sexual and reproductive health are the primary target of our work, with complimentary programming on youth leadership and employability.
GRS Zambia plans to add a Project Nurse to it’s team who will be responsible for coordinating all clinical related functions under the National Institute of Health ( NIH) SKILLZ Study at Grassroot Soccer Zambia.
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION.
The functions will extend to supporting programme planning and assessment in the execution of all SKILLZ NIH Study Health Interventions in selected schools in four districts of Lusaka province of Zambia. In addition, the project nurse will in close collaboration with program coordinators oversee quality assurance in the implementation of SKILLZ NIH interventions in schools as well as conducting counselling sessions with coaches and study participants in the Intervention sites (schools) of research related activities under NIH.
The Project Nurse will also oversee and spearhead all activities related to the Community Based Distribution (CBD) activities (peer mentors or coaches trained as access points of SRH commodities, including short term family planning methods) within GRS Zambia.
The position holder will ensure that all trained coaches complete their attachment, observation and practice in the health facilities, monitor the distribution of commodities in assigned communities by the coaches, provision of weekly updates to the supervisor and ensure that all data collected by coaches is entered in Salesforce in a timely manner.
The Project Nurse will be expected to think proactively to support Innovations that will set the pace for high quality counselling and ensuring that correct information is given to both the coaches and participants during all SKILLZ NIH interventions in schools, including intervention reviews to inform programming and lessons learnt with key members of the Team.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS INCLUDE:
- Clinical Information Quality Assurance with the coaches.
- Counselling, Care and Support to Coaches and Study Participants.
- Discretely maintaining and documenting client information by entering new and updated information from coaches and research participants.
- Ad Hoc activities as requested by the Project Manager-NIH.
- Continuous field visits to Study intervention sites.
- Supporting coaches during interventions in research sites.
- Participate in the mentorship program of coaches during Development Sessions (DS).
- Timely reporting on all activities implemented.
- Data entry of all CBD related data in Salesforce.
- Ensure continuous implementation of the NIH project in consultation with the Project Manager- NIH, Program Coordinators and Data Entry Clerk.
- Liaise with the Project Manager-NIH in planning for field visits (Study Schools) and quality assurance in the implementation of SKILLZ Health interventions.
- Provide guidance in decision making concerning daily planning and coordination with regards to the clinical aspects of the project.
- Develop weekly and monthly update reports for submission to the NIH Project Manager and donors.
- Supervise CBD activities in relation to placement of coaches ( peer mentors) and follow up on CBD commodities with health facilities
- Develop monthly plans to support community distribution of commodities for all trained CBDs
- Document lessons learnt and challenges around implementation of the CBD model in collaboration with GMEL team
- Source for CBD commodities from partners and CSOs working in the SRHR field
- Coordinate follow up and completion of HIV and SRHR referrals by securing appointments with service providers
- Collaborate in planning and managing graduation events (testing and counselling) after interventions.
- Facilitate counselling and testing platforms for both coaches ( peer mentors) and research participants.
- Participate in delivering sessions and answering questions from coaches ( peer mentors) and research participants submitted in question boxes around HIV and SRHR services.
- Ensure compliance of activities with the NIH Study Protocol and GRS MEL guidelines
- Conducting proactive regular visits to NIH intervention sites and presence during SKILLZ Enhanced Practice
- Promote communication and interaction between GRS Zambia and schools/ health facilities.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the Project Manager- NIH.
- Participate in ensuring that the right kind of data is captured in the field before, during and after the interventions.
- Provide support and guidance to coaches to ensure proper use and interpretation of information in the curriculum to facilitate the correct capture of information as per the NIH Protocol.
- Liaise with Program Coordinator and Data Entry Clerk to conduct on spot weekly, monthly and quarterly site reviews.
- Participate in finalizing all processes and procedures related to reporting as per the GRS and Donor Requirements.
REQUIRED EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- Must hold a diploma in Nursing.
- At least 5 years work experience (with experience working in the NGO sector added).
- Must have experience working with young people, especially adolescents.
- Must be able to uphold confidentiality.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, effectively managing multiple priorities
- Driven, possessing a strong work ethic and interest in monitoring and evaluation
- Energetic and enthusiastic about GRS’ culture and mission
- Able to function in a team-oriented environment
- Pay careful attention to detail.
- Able to analyse and solve problems without direct supervision
- Reflective and open to learning.
How to apply
Interested persons should send an Application letter and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 18th June, 2021.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.