Self Help Africa
Job Title: Project Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Assistant
Company: Self Help Africa (SHA)
Department: Programmes – ENTERPRISE Zambia Challenge Fund (EZCF)
Contract Type: Full time
Reports to: SHA Zambia Monitoring & Evaluation Adviser / Team Leader
Self Help Africa is a leading international development charity with an expertise in small-scale farming and growing family-farm businesses. This is an exciting role focused on supporting agribusinesses that have a positive impact on the lives of small-scale farmers and their families in rural areas.
ENTERPRISE Zambia is a challenge fund established to contribute to increased smallholder farmers opportunities in agriculture, including agroforestry and aquaculture value chains in Zambia.
ENTERPRISE Zambia Challenge Fund supports the achievement of the EU’s Farm to Fork Strategy, one of the cornerstones of the European Green Deal, and the EU Biodiversity Strategy 2030 by funding business investments that improve the sustainability of agro-food systems.
The Fund will support actions enabling SMEs and smallholders to transition to greener and more sustainable agri-food systems and tackle the challenges presented by Covid-19 as well as actions in support to gender and youth focused opportunities and to nutritionally sensitive (regional/national) value chains.
Enterprise Zambia Challenge Fund is implemented by Self Help Africa with technical support from Imani Development Limited.
As the Project Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Assistant, you will support the M&E Advisor in undertaking all EZCF M&E activities. Responsibilities will cover different steps in the M&E cycle, including developing M&E plans and log-frames. Tasks will comprise process preparation, training data collectors, data collection and analysis, and report writing.
- Support in undertaking project baselines for impact assessments at two companies
- Train enumerators and partners in data collection using handhelds and on the use of assessment tools
- Supervise enumerators during data collection exercises
Support day-to-day M&E activities
- Developing initial M&E plans, log frames and reporting tools for newly contracted companies
- Orienting the companies on the M&E tools developed
- Efficient running of the beneficiary database and ensure that the M&E reporting template for each company is up to date
- Assist M&E Advisor in developing indicator tracking tools to capture quantitative and qualitative data for project performance indicators.
- Support the data collection and analysis during focused studies on selected projects
- Support the M&E Advisor with quarterly and annual reports through the delivery of updated EZCF M&E figures
- Provide support to portfolio managers’ monthly updates for our data management systems
Documentation and learning
- Support the project team in organising learning workshops to discuss findings, improvements, and observations of the M&E work.
Other reasonable duties may be assigned to you that are consistent with the role and its level of responsibility. These will require pre-approval by the EZCF Team Leader.
- M&E Advisor (Country Office) – direct report
- Head of Programmes
- EZCF Team Lead
- EZCF Portfolio Managers
- EZCF companies
Knowledge and Experience:
- Basic knowledge and practice in Project Cycle Management and MEAL
- Practical knowledge of database development/management and statistical analysis
- Practical field experience in data collection, analysis & data quality control
- A Degree in Economics/ agricultural economics/ development studies/ project planning & management or other related discipline from a recognized university.
- A certificate in M&E will be an added advantage.
Role Competencies & Values:
- A strong commitment to the aims, objectives and values of SHA Zambia
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Acting as a team player and facilitating teamwork
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others
Send CV and Supporting Academic and Professional Qualifications to [email protected].
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.