Website Caritas Czech Republic
An international NGO active in humanitarian aid and development cooperation is implementing a project with the title Multi-sectoral interventions to prevent the spread and mitigate the impact of COVID-19 pandemic in Western Province and Lusaka, Zambia II. The project aims at strengthening public health responses and improving community awareness, to contain the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic and mitigating its impact.
Job Title: Project Manager
The Project Manager is responsible for overall implementation of project with focus on community awareness, support of public health response and livelihoods support in Western Province and Lusaka.
- Ensure implementation of project activities according to the project document focusing on quality delivery and project impacts and results
- Coordinate project teams in Mongu and Lusaka field offices in close collaboration with Project Officers to ensure timely and quality implementation according to project document and plans
- Coordinate project implementation with consortium partners and different stakeholders
- Ensure annual and monthly planning and reporting
- Keep and maintain necessary project administration, implementing financial rules based on instructions and manuals received
- Strong motivation and commitment to the work
- Minimum of Bachelor university degree in a social/development studies, degree in public health, or other relevant field; advanced degree is an asset
- Proven track of experience in project management and project leadership at least 5 years
- Demonstrated experience in working effectively with CSOs and community-level actors, stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Excellent English language skills
- Working experience in the non-profit or in an international organization an asset
- Excellent communication skills, flexibility, time-management, ability to work under stress and in difficult conditions
- Basic knowledge of financial management
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Willingness to work in accordance with the Caritas Code of Ethics
Starting date: April, 2021
Ending date: December, 2021
Caritas Czech Republic is an equal opportunity and treatment employer and provides all the employees a work environment free from any form of discrimination based on race, colour, gender, nationality, age, religion and creed, disability. Furthermore, Caritas Czech Republic provide employees with a safe environment with zero tolerance of sexual harassment, discrimination, bullying and other unethical behaviour in the workplace.
Duty station: Mongu with travel to Lusaka
To apply for this position, please submit your full application consisting of detailed CV (max 3 pages) and motivation letter (1 page) by the, 24th March 2021, 17:00 to the following email address: [email protected]. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please use the following subject in your email/post: Project Manager
For the title of cover letter and curriculum vitae, follow this wording:
Surname, Name, Project Manager – Mongu– curriculum vitae
Surname, Name, Project Manager – Mongu– cover letter
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.