People in Need
Position: Project Manager
Contract Duration: till December 2022
Start Date: ASAP
Line Manager: Country Director .
Closing Date: 27/01/2022.
People in Need works in Zambia since 2017 delivering lifesaving and development assistance to vulnerable people in the sectors of nutrition, livelihoods, WASH, environment and good governance.
Under the direct line management of the Country Director, the Project Manager (PM) will be tasked with overall supervision of the non-formal education project implemented in Mongu Western Province of Zambia. He/She will be directly responsible for implementation of transparent and reliable Programme, finance, logistic and administrative processes to ensure proper functioning of the project and to ensure compliance with PIN procedures and rules in general. The PM will work closely with the local CSO and children (6-15 y.o.). In addition, PM will also engage provincial MoE, whose role will be important in the intervention. Moreover, the PM will ensure that timely collection, analysis and reporting of project indicators are followed take place. Also, he/she will attend all relevant meetings with ministries and other relevant stakeholders to discuss any issues arising during the Programme implementation. He/she will also look for synergies with similar projects implemented in the country.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Overall management of the project and all its respective activities,
- Special focus on the education and good governance
- Leads and participates in internal weekly coordination meetings with the PIN team,
- Participates in external coordination and sectoral meetings with project partners, associates
- Ensures compliance with PIN sectoral guidelines, internal procedures and donor requirements
- Participates in the meetings with relevant Ministries and other local authorities
- Prepares monthly and project work plans
- Work with PIN’s as well as other technical advisers and experts involved in the projects
- In cooperation with the Finance team, responsible for financial management of direct costs (project staffing, activities, national and international partners’ costs etc.)
- Controls project budget utilization
- Works with Navision Programme (PIN)
- Reviews and approves key project documentation in a timely manner to facilitate financial payments to vendors, beneficiaries, cash transfer agents, etc.
- Leads the development and monthly updating of budget vs. actual (drawing) forecasts for project activities and staffing to ensure accurate and timely financial management, flagging potential over/under spending to senior management.
Human Resources & Capacity Development
- In cooperation with relevant colleagues, responsible for relevant HR processes related to the project team, including recruitment, performance management, professional growth, capacity building and mentoring of national PIN and partners’ staff, including the identification of training needs, development of training plans and ensuring the delivery of appropriate training.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Prepares project reports and ensures timely collection and reporting of project indicators.
- Oversees project monitoring and evaluation activities and ensures timely monitoring of project indicators and data collection takes place
- Ensures that tracking of monitoring data from project communities:
- Participates at project monthly review meetings
- Ensures IPR (Internal Progress Reports) is filled at the beginning and end of project.
- Ensures relevant data and indicators are being collected and prepares final project M&E report and donor report.
- Supports implementation of project CFRM based on PIN Zambia CFRM Framework Policy and Procedures.
- Supports development of new proposals and formulation of new project designs and ideas for future interventions in the sector of sustainable livelihoods and environment.
- Administration & Archiving
- Ensures that project documentation is properly generated, approved & archived in the internal databases – ELO, Sharepoint etc., according to PIN and donor guidelines.
- Ensures lessons learnt, best practices and challenges are collected, recorded and actively re-incorporated across all the project portfolio
Communication & Visibility
- Ensures that requirements regarding communication and visibility are fulfilled in line with PIN Media Policy and donor requirements
- Informs in advance and involves Communication staff to the project implementation.
- Informs in advance and involves Procurement Unit to the project implementation
- Assists with project related Procurement
- Submission of Purchase Request
Degree in relevant field (Project Management, Education, Development studies)
Skills & experience
- Proven previous experience in working with children & youth and/or local civil society organization, grassroot organizations, activists.
- Proven experience in projects/initiative focused on education
- Previous supervisory role
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Lozi languages
- Good administrative skills, computer literate (working knowledge of MS Office)
- Experience of working for an international non-governmental organization
- Self-starter and motivated, ability to plan and organize work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and react accordingly to evolving context/situation
- Ability to delegate and follow up of tasks among team members and partners
- Ability to come up with innovations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience using mobile data collection tools (such Kobo toolbox)
IMPORTANT NOTE: Women and disabled persons are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.