Job Title: Project Manager
The Project Manager is the main point of contact for Liebherr Zambia Ltd at Sentinel Mine and plans, budget, supervises, documents and report all aspect of the truck project to the relevant stakeholders. The role also includes technical assistance and liaison on all other Liebherr manufactured product at Sentinel Mine, as assigned by Managing Director – Operations.
Working relationship is expected to be with the Customers’ on site management team, including Mine Maintenance, Warehouse and Parts, Procurement, Mine Operation and Training Teams.
Internally, the role requires establishing professional relationships with Liebherr Zambia Ltd Management Team, Human Resource, Finance and Parts Team.
Professional relationships with a team of Factory Customer Support Managers, Parts, Logistics, Engineering and Training departments.
The items described in this section outlines the key areas of responsibility for the Project Manager and should not be taken as a description of the entire function. Accordingly, there is an expectation that the Project Manager will exercise reasonable initiative in undertaking other activities within the broader scope of the function.
Project Setup, Management and Closure
Responsible for setting up a service organization at Sentinel Mine site with the required team of personnel, facility and equipment, to realise the scope of service included in the Project Charter or Client Services Agreement, respecting the Liebherr Mining Standard, this includes:
- Responsiblity for the ongoing management of the truck project.
- Provision of management update of the project progress through the provision of planned project reports, as well as adhoc reports when required.
Health Safety and Environment
Responsibility to ensure the implementation of the Liebherr Health and Safety Management Plan within the area of your responsibility. This includes:
- Ensuring compliance with Health and Safety and Environmental Policy Statements
- Promotion of Safety, Health and Environmental work practices
- Take cognizance of, react to and comply with policies and procedures developed in terms of the Safety and Environmental system.
- Ensure compliance to legal and other requirements with regard to health, Safety and Environmental Management.
- Ensure that planned or proposed activities are subject to the requirements of OSHAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
The above responsibilities signify a commitment to continual improvement with regard to Health, Safety and Environmental Management.
Managing Equipment Condition, Performance and Elimination of Failures.
In collaboration with your project product support team, ensure the effective monitoring and recommend corrective actions, as well as improvement towards improving performance of the truck fleet.
Parts Warranty and Service Administration
In accordance with Liebherr Standards, establish on site, a service administration role intended to follow laid down ERP processes.
Planning and Budgeting
The project manager will develop annual budget or wishlist in accordance with the Liebherr Mining Standards, the LIN Directives and following LZM developed procedures. Planning and Budgeting shall cover:
- Fixed Assets expected and required for project operation
- Expected Parts consumption for the fleet, for the forthcoming year
- Budgeting for any spontaneous activity or realization
- Ensure major components life forecast are planned
- Procurement and Parts Management
Contract, and Stakeholder Management
The project manager is responsible for the day-to-day administration and management of the Services Agreement between Kalumbila Minerals Ltd and Liebherr Zambia Ltd, and shall ensure:
- Continuous assessment of customers’ requirements and satisfaction
- Establish and participate effectively in regular meetings
- Establish effective communication channel between the Liebherr Factories (LME & LEC) and the customer.
- Establish project reporting medium that meets the requirement of the contract.
- Disseminate relevant “Customer Service Information” to the project customer in a manner consistent with Liebherr Zambia Ltd implied procedure, ensure implementation as required.
- When organized by customer, participate in and attend Continuous Improvement meetings.
- During the various phases of the project, the project manager could be assigned other responsibilities relative to the project customer in support of Liebherr brother customer support objectives.
- These responsibilities may include, but not limited:
- In line with the MIN Training Strategy; establish an onsite training plan to develop project personnel as well as developing of the customer maintenance personnel.
- Performing a lead or coordination role (as assigned by GM Operations) to any new Liebherr Trial Project that may be implemented on site, including Excavator sales, Assembly and Commissioning, and onsite technical support.
- Perform a lead or coordination role (as assigned by GM Operations) to the Liebherr Engine Trial Project.
- Perform coordination role to the Liebherr GET trial project, and set up an ongoing monitoring, and reporting system.
- Perform any other duties in relation to the customer as assigned by GM, Operations.
Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Project Personnel Lost Time Injury: ≤ 1 LTI per annum.
- Project Personnel Medically Treated Injury: ≤ 1 MTI per annum
- Project Personnel Fatality: 0 FAT per annum
- SHE Policy Implemented in view of meeting OSHAS 18001 & ISO 14001 standards.
- Achieve and maintain fleet monthly Average Availability (AV) of 90% or higher
- Maintain fleet monthly Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) of 75 Hours
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Qualification from University or Tertiary Institution
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Mining Equipment Maintenance at supervision level
- Advanced Technical knowledge of Liebherr Ultra Haul Class Mining Dump Trucks >220T payload and/or Hydraulic Excavator up to 800T.
- Advanced Diploma of Project Management or higher
- Good knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Management Skills
- Logic And Methodology
- Serious and Implicated
- Effective Communication Skills
- The position will be based on Sentinel Kalumbila mine site (Kalumbila)
- Residential role on 5 days on, and 2 days off roster
- Occasional international travel for business and training
Have we awoken your interest? Then we look forward to receiving your online application. If you have any questions, please contact Upite Chansa at: Upite.Chansa@liebherr.com.
Liebherr – One Passion. Many Opportunities.
Liebherr is a family-run technology company that is not only one of the largest construction machinery manufacturers in the world, but also offers high-quality, user-oriented products and services in many other areas. The Group employs around 48,000 people in more than 140 companies on all continents.
T5 Mwinilunga Road
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit careers.liebherr.com.