People in Need (PIN)
Last Date for Applications: 26/06/2022
Position: Project Manager
Location: Mongu (with frequent visits to the project’s locations in Western Province)
Contract duration: 12 months
Start date: ASAP
Line Manager: Country Director
Under the direct line management of the Country Director, the Project Manager (PM) will be tasked with overall supervision of the anticipated Bio gas project implemented in Western Province (2021-2024). He/she will be directly responsible for implementation of transparent and reliable programme, finance, logistic and administrative processes to ensure proper functioning of the project and to ensure compliance with PIN and donor’s procedures and rules in general. The project team will work closely with smallholder farmers, local services providers (incl. financial institutions), ministry’s extension officers to ensure the needs of the final beneficiaries are addressed. Moreover, the PM will ensure timely collection and analysis of project related and reporting of project indicators take place regularly. The PM will directly supervise Technical Coordinator (TC) and Project Assistant (PA) and support them with their assignments. The PM will supervise and coordinate the implementation with project partners and associates and will inform them regularly about the project’s progress. He/she will attend all relevant meetings with ministries and donor of the intervention to discuss any issues arising during the programme implementation. He/she will also look for synergies with similar projects implemented in the country.
- Overall management of the anticipated Bio gas project and all its respective activities,
- Special focus on the business and financial oriented project’s outputs
- Leads and participates in internal weekly coordination meetings with the PIN team,
- Participates in external coordination and sectoral meetings with project partners, associates
- Ensures compliance with PIN sectoral guidelines, internal procedures and donor requirements
- Participates in the meetings with relevant Ministries and other local authorities
- Prepares monthly and project work plans
- Works with PIN’s as well as other technical advisers and experts involved in the project.
- In cooperation with the Finance team, manages the project budget lines related to the implementation (project staffing, activities, national and international partners’ costs etc.)
- Controls project budget utilization in Navision and/ or other financial management tools
- Reviews and approves key project documentation in a timely manner to facilitate financial payments to vendors, beneficiaries, cash transfer agents, etc.
- Leads the development and monthly updating of budget vs. actual (drawing) forecasts for project activities and staffing to ensure accurate and timely financial management, flagging potential over/under spending to senior management
Human Resource and Capacity Building
- In cooperation with relevant colleagues, responsible for relevant HR processes related to the project team, including recruitment, performance management, professional growth, capacity building and mentoring of national PIN and partners’ staff, including the identification of training needs, development of training plans and ensuring the delivery of appropriate training
- Line management of Technical Coordinator (TC) and Project Assistant (PA);
responsible for day-to-day team management such as Leave and Time management of the team (planning, approval of leave requests, time / attendance sheets approval process), handling disciplinary issues in cooperation with HR
- Provides regular performance feedback to project staff
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Prepares project reports and ensures timely data collection and reporting of project indicators
- Oversees project monitoring and evaluation activities
- Participates at project quarterly review meetings
- Ensures IPR (Internal Progress Reports) is filled at the beginning, at the end of project and updated on the quarterly basis.
- Supports implementation of project CFRM based on PIN Zambia CFRM Framework Policy and Procedures
- Supports development of new proposals and formulation of new project designs and ideas for future interventions in the sector of sustainable livelihoods and environment
Administration and Archiving
- Ensures that project documentation is properly generated, approved & archived in the internal databases – ELO, Sharepoint, etc., according to PIN and donor guidelines
- Ensures lessons learnt, best practices and challenges are collected, recorded and actively re-incorporated across all the project portfolio.
Communication and Visibility
- Ensures that requirements regarding communication and visibility are fulfilled in line with PIN Media Policy and donor requirements
- Informs in advance and involves Communication staff in project implementation
- Informs in advance and involves Procurement Unit in the project implementation
- Assists with project related Procurement
Submits Purchase Requests in timely manner
- Degree in relevant field (Project Management, Development Studies, Business administration, etc.
- Certificate in project management for development will be an added advantage
Skills & experience
- 3 years of experience in working in similar senior programme position
- 3 years of profound technical experience with business-oriented interventions – (understanding and experience with the MSD approach- Market System Development
- Previous supervisory role
- Fluency in spoken and written English language
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good administrative skills, computer literate (working knowledge of MS Office)
- Self-starter and motivated, ability to plan and organize work independently
- Ability to work under pressure and react accordingly to evolving context/situation
- Ability to delegate and follow up of tasks among team members
- Experience in working with various stakeholders, incl. government officials, business sector, financial institutions, academia and civil society actors)
- Ability to come up with innovations
- Experience of working for an international non-governmental organization
- Experience using mobile data collection tools (such Kobo toolbox)
Understanding of Silozi language,
Important note: Persons with special needs and women are encouraged to Apply.
Disclaimer: PIN may close this advertisement at any time depending on the volume of response from the public
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.