Save the Children International
JOB TITLE: Project Coordinator- Child Rights Governance
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Programme Operations
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
To contribute to Save the Children’s Child Rights Governance and Child Protection Strategic plan, s/he is responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction, guidance, technical backstopping and project management working very closely with the Ministry of Youth, Sport and Child Development (MYSCD), Technical Specialists for Child Rights Governance and Child Protection in strengthening the national and provincial coordination mechanisms. The incumbent will support the finalisation of legal and policy frameworks on children’s safeguarding and child participation, in line with United Convention on the Rights of a Child (UN CRC), and the National Child Policy. The incumbent will provide technical assistance on child rights and child protection, to relevant government actors and CSO actors ensuring delivery of program is delivered according to design. The incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the programs at national level and working with government stakeholders and partners in the pilot districts Chipata and Katete in Eastern Province.
SCOPE OF ROLE:
Reports to: Project Manager Child Protection
Budget Responsibilities: Yes
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Coordination the development child participation and child safeguarding framework and piloting guidelines in pilot districts
- Supporting the partners to implement programmes in the child rights governance and child protection under the project.
- Documenting of project/partner experiences to capture lessons and good practices, the results and impacts achieved and any other experiences relevant for sharing with others
- Support and networking with district level stakeholders, provincial government and CSO stakeholders.
- Support district level stakeholder protection and participation guidelines in 20 schools and 10 media outlets
- Ensure effective working and supporting the Department of Child Development in the delivery of various trainings and information dissemination on PSEA
- Support the technical support for effective Child Rights Reporting
- Working with the government department in preparing relevant reports.
- Prepare quality semi-annual and annual reports as per the requirements of the agency and the grants on time.
- Ensure timely implementation of planned activities working closely with the implementing government departments to ensuring efficient utilisation funds
- Support and undertake periodic joint field monitoring visit with government and UNICEF
- Ensure support to policy engagement and advocacy with key policy makers.
- Liaise with other practitioners in a similar field of work and with government on policy and practice issues and informing them of our interventions and work.
- The post holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves (and their team), takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, members and external partners and supporters
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Social Sciences related field with a minimum of 5 years’ relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of Child rights and child protection
- Demonstrated skills in the design of policy advocacy and high level engagement
- Good analytical and report writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to set and achieve objectives
- Strong knowledge in project cycle management
- English language proficiency a must
- Strong communication (verbal and writing skills), interpersonal and representational skills
- Flexible and adaptable to dynamic changes and fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of word, Microsoft excel and power point
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit zambia.savethechildren.net.