Website BongoHive Technology and Innovation Hub
Job Title: Project Coordinator
Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to: Projects Lead
Location: Lusaka (Hybrid: Remote Work and Office)
Deadline for applications: 1 May 2022, 23:59hrs
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for administering and organizing all types of projects, from simple activities to more complex plans.
Project Coordinator responsibilities include working closely with our Projects Lead and departmental leads to prepare comprehensive action plans, including resources, timeframes and budgets for projects. You will perform various coordinating tasks, like schedule and risk management, along with administrative duties, like maintaining project documentation and handling project queries. To succeed in this role, you should have excellent time management and communication skills, as you’ll collaborate with clients and internal teams to deliver results on deadlines.
Ultimately, the Project Coordinator’s duties are to support the Projects Lead in ensuring that all assigned projects are completed on time, within budget and meet high quality standards.
Reporting to the Projects Lead, the Project Coordinator’s core responsibility is to support the Projects Lead in ensuring assigned projects are running smoothly, on time and to budget. This includes:
- Supporting the Project Lead with liaising with clients to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives;
- Planning certain parts of projects;
- Coordinating project schedules, resources, equipment and information;
- Coordinating meetings and overseeing members of the project team; and
- Ensuring that clients’ needs are met as the project evolves.
- Coordinate project management activities, resources, equipment and information
- Break projects into doable actions and set timeframes
- Liaise with clients to identify and define requirements, scope and objectives
- Assign some tasks to internal teams and assist with schedule management
- Make sure that clients’ needs are met as projects evolve
- Help prepare budgets
- Analyze risks and opportunities
- Oversee project procurement management in coordination with the finance/ admin team
- Monitor project progress and handle any issues that arise
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants
- Work with the Projects Lead to eliminate blockers
- Use tools to monitor working hours, plans and expenditures
- Support with Issuing all appropriate legal paperwork (e.g. contracts and terms of agreement)
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports
- Support the Projects Lead and departmental leads in ensuring standards and requirements are met through conducting quality assurance tests
- Proven work experience as a Project Coordinator or similar role
- Experience in project management, from conception to delivery
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Familiarity with risk management and quality assurance control
- Hands-on experience with project management tools (e.g. ClickUp, Slack, Google Sheets, MS Excel, etc.)
- BSc in Business Administration or related field
- Certification is a plus
To apply for this job please visit bongohive.co.zm.