BCP (BioCarbon Partners)
BCP is recruiting for a Project Accountant – Kafue-Zambezi Community Forest Project (KZCFP). The Project Accountant will report to the Director of Finance. This support position will enable the Project team to achieve results by providing necessary financial support and ensuring that all funds utilized are accounted for.
The Project Accountant will be based at our BCP Livingstone Site Office, with frequent travel to Sites within the Kafue-Zambezi region.
• Timely processing of the program operational funds as per Cash forecasts.
• Support annual budget development and donor proposal budget development processes.
• Ensuring that all the financial reports are prepared and submitted to the donor in time.
• Entering payments in the general ledger and maintaining the general ledger log register.
• Support tracking of expenditures and payments for all project activities.
• Work with the partner Accountant to prepare financial reports.
• Preparation of payments and cash receipts.
• Coordination of Banking Activities.
• Filing of all financial records.
• Preparation of bank reconciliations to ensure that bank balances are in line with cash book balances.
• Ensure all cash receipts are deposited in the Bank Account per operations manual guidelines.
• Participate in the preparation of year-end financial schedules and provide support documentation.
• Prepare timely intercompany re-charges and pass them to relevant offices.
• Support tracking of expenditures and payments for all Project activities.
Alliance Builders Wanted:
• Minimum of a Degree in Accounting or equivalent qualification will be an added advantage.
• Must possess a minimum of at least 3 years experience in a similar role in a busy environment.
• Well-versed in computerized accounting applications.
• Paid up member of ZICA (provide proof of membership).
• Analytical skills.
• Knowledgeable in International Financial Reporting Standards.
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Proficient in computer skills and use of relevant accounting packages.
• Ability to work and cope in a stressful environment with tight deadlines.
As an equal opportunity employer, a competitive salary will be offered, plus training, plus the potential for performance bonuses, plus travel opportunities for work, plus health benefits, plus a great work culture, plus career growth, plus working with a diverse and committed team.
Candidates interested in joining an innovative and high-performance team, and working towards doing amazing things in conservation technology and livelihoods, please send a CV, a cover letter, 3 reference contacts, and anything else that makes your application stand out by email to [email protected] with Project Accountant – Livingstone – KZCFP, in the subject line. Please also send anything else that will help your application stand out.
Applications are accepted from 22nd January 2024 until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
If an applicant receives no response within 30 days, they should consider their application unsuccessful.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.