JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
JSI Research & Training Institute Limited
JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is public health organization that is committed to improving the health and well-being of underserved and vulnerable people and communities throughout the world, and to providing an environment where people of passion and commitment can pursue this cause. JSI seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and staff for its United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-supported District Coverage of Health Services (USAID DISCOVER-Health) Project. The USAID DISCOVER-Health project aims to improve the lives of Zambians by ensuring equitable access to and use of high-quality HIV, maternal new-born and child health (MNCH), family planning and reproductive health (FP/RH) services and products at the district and community levels. The project utilizes and sustains a health model that maximizes the relative strengths of the public and private sectors to deliver health products and services that reach all beneficiaries and consumer markets.
JSI USAID DISCOVER Health Project is recruiting for the following positions:
Job Title: Project Accountant
Location: Lusaka Head Office
Category: Full time
Reports to: Finance Manager
The Accountant is a full-time position and will be based at the HQ office in Lusaka. S/he will assist in maintaining the JSI financial accounts and socially marketed sales income and systems. The Accountant will be responsible for the accounting system, expenditure projections, and expense monitoring and reconciliation. S/he will ensure cost-effectiveness, efficiency and accountability throughout the life of the Program. S/he will report to the Finance Manager.
- In collaboration with the Finance Manager, assist in maintaining financial and administrative systems fulfilling all USAID rules and regulations and in line with JSI financial policies and procedures;
- Assist in tracking program activity budget(s), monitor expenditures and help prepare financial reports for senior management and USAID;
- Assist program staff with resolution of financial management and accounting problems;
- Assist in maintaining the monthly accounting cycle, including vendor and activity participant payments and account monitoring and reconciliation;
- Prepare all sales income reconciliations and monthly stock reconciliations, including the monitoring all creditors in regards to payments.
- Ensure that staff advances for activities are processed in a timely manner;
- Assist to develop and monitor all medical detailers sales , bonuses, commissions from sales operations
- Review advances and expense reports for all staff;
- Assist the Finance Manager to prepare the monthly cash flow projections for the central office;
- Tracking and review of JSI vendors’ invoices and ensure their timely payments;
- Engage in financial and related tasks as required by the project management.
- Processing of payments
Qualifications and Skills requirements
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a finance, accounting or business-related field or equivalent
ACCA,or CIMA finalist
- Relevant experience with USAID-funded programs and knowledge of USAID rules, and regulations strongly desired;
- At least 5 years of relevant accounting and financial management of sales experience;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written English;
- Experience with QuickBooks accounting system desired;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality for all project and staff proprietary matters.
- Must be a registered member of ZICA
Your application should be sent in one e-mail document consisting of a cover letter and a detailed CV. Please send your applications by emailing to [email protected] clearly marked in the subject line and addressed to the “Project Director” USAID DISCOVER-Health Project, Stand 45/D/REM-3-A/377, Warthog Road, Kabulonga, and Lusaka, Zambia.
The closing date for receipt of submission of the applications is Friday 30th July 2021, at 17:00hrs.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.