National Legal Aid Clinic for Women
National Legal Aid Clinic for Women is a project of the Law Association of Zambia (LAZ) and was established in 1990 by the Women’s Rights Committee of LAZ to provide affordable legal aid to women and children from marginalised social sections whose means are not adequate to hire lawyers from private practice to represent them in their pursuit of justice. The overall objective of the NLACW is to empower women and children by facilitating their access to legal rights by way of legal representation, legal education and advocacy as a distinct and integral part of the women’s movement.
The NLACW is seeking to recruit a Programme Officer to be based at its Lusaka office. The Officer will responsible for building a diversified network of supporters, including local, regional and international partners, philanthropy and corporate entities and other donors. The Programme Officer will also support the NLACW’s programme implementation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Developing, implementing and monitoring fundraising strategies to meet budget cost for programming;
- Conducting research on potential donors/partners such as trusts, foundations, companies and philanthropic organizations that support access to justice and women’s and children’s rights;
- Developing, managing and updating databases of donors and partners of contacts and preference information;
- Maintaining a network of partner contacts and effectively managing and maximizing these relationships;
- Facilitating co-financing opportunities with partner organizations when such opportunities arises;
- Lead the preparation of project proposals with funding agencies and other entities as identified.
- Organizing events for partnership building with potential partners;
- Supporting the capacity building of staff on fund raising and communications skills;
- Producing communication materials in support of fundraising such as brochures, appeals, newsletters and annual reports;
- Supporting programme implementation including conducting outreach activities.
- Supporting report developing for all programme projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, International Relations, Business Administration.
- Project Management and Monitoring and Evaluation qualification would be an added advantage
- Minimum five (5) years of demonstrated experience in resource mobilization and institutional fundraising;
- Prior experience of working with Civil Society, private sector, NGOs and philanthropic organizations
- Experience in grants management, monitoring, reporting, assessments and reviews is desirable.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proven ability in developing and maintaining close relationships with multi-level stakeholders and partners.
- Negotiator with experience in the area of resource mobilization and strong skills in leading and supervising, relating and networking, persuading and influencing, creativity and innovativeness and entrepreneurial thinking.
- Excellent leadership, management and team building skills.
- Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with private sector, corporate institutions and partners.
- Current knowledge of development issues, strategies as well as programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, innovate, plan and execute ideas
- Computer skills, including internet navigation and various office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Candidates meeting the above prescribed qualifications should submit their application letters along with detailed curriculum Vitae, copies of academic and professional certificates and names, contact numbers and addresses of 3 referees, two of whom must have worked with the applicant, to the address below.
The Closing date is 31st March, 2022.
All applications should be addressed to the Executive Director and delivered to the address below or emailed to: [email protected]
The Executive Director
National Legal Aid Clinic for Women
Plot No. 110A/150
Musonda Ngosa Road
Private Bag E578
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, however we thank you for your application
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.