Job Title: Program Officer – Zambia
We are a global group working to build a more inclusive and sustainable world where all people, everywhere, can reach their fullest potential. We partner with and serve communities, governments, and companies throughout the world, providing an innovative mix of advisory, investment, research, analytics, and design services. Today’s complex global problems require new solutions. Comprised of Dalberg Advisors, Dalberg Data Insights, Dalberg Design, Dalberg Implement, Dalberg Media and Dalberg Research; our businesses approach problems differently and work together to create impact at scale. We are from everywhere, at home anywhere – an African and American company as much as an Asian, Latin American, Middle Eastern, and European one.
Dalberg is a place where a diverse mix of talented individuals are able to bring their authentic selves to work – whether it’s how you identify, where you come from, the languages you speak, the person you love, or the way you worship. Dalberg is a home where people feel safe, understood, nurtured, and encouraged to grow.
As a team of 650+ people from 55 countries, speaking over 90 languages collectively, and over 45% female representation in our leadership team, Dalberg places diversity, equity, and inclusion principles at the heart of our organization and the work we do alongside our clients, partners, and communities.
Established in 2001 by experienced private sector consultants, Dalberg operates from 29 worldwide locations. For more information, please visit Dalberg.
You are a development leader, and you thrive on tackling complex issues. You enjoy evolving in high-performing environments and driving the delivery of innovative and results-oriented solutions.
You are independent and self-motivated and work well with others. You excel in solving problems using clear strategic and creative thinking, and you want to put your skills to work – transforming organizations that affect smallholder farmer livelihoods. You are a committed self-starter with experience as a ‘top-performer’ in your past roles, a passion for agricultural development, and an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, agriculture, social development or a related field, plus 5 years of relevant experience. Experience in programs related to agricultural activities desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work at a fast-paced commercial/operational environment in Africa.
- Demonstrated effectiveness as a team player and team builder and performing well in a start-up and multi-cultural atmosphere.
- Experience working at an agribusiness enterprise in Africa an advantage.
- Ability to multi-task and efficiently manage time and workload.
- Excellent communication skills to constantly align on evolving priorities and problem solve on the go.
- Excellent English written and spoken communication skills.
WHAT YOU WILL DO AND HOW YOU WILL GROW
Dalberg is seeking a Program Officer to lead activities under the Farmer’s Link Africa program.
The officer will work directly under Mitsui and Parrogate/Export Trading Group’s staff’s oversight to support the execution of the planning and implementation phase of the PoC between July 2021 through to December 2021/January 2022 on a full-time basis. The tenure of the role may be extended beyond the initial 6 months.
This role will sit within Parrogate’s office in Lusaka but will be managed and supported by a Dalberg team. It is envisaged that over the longer term, the role will form part of the program team for sustainability.
This role will report to a Senior Manager who will provide leadership and oversight to the program.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Manage day-to-day coordination of program implementation with Parrogate, Export Trading Group, Mitsui and vendors, including troubleshooting any issues.
- Work with Mitsui and Parrogate/Export Trading Group to roll out a digitization process for cotton farmers.
- Lead MEL efforts to track and report impacts accruing from the program and document success stories.
- Develop high-quality analytical insights for Mitsui, Export Trading Group and other key stake holders related to immediate opportunities or challenges (e.g., how to manage quality constraints, the business case for sustainability practices)
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Mitsui & Co. (“Mitsui”) is supporting its investees Export Trading Group and Parrogate in implementing a proof-of-concept (PoC) that provides farm-to-apparel traceability and improves farming practices through a program called Farmer’s Link Africa. Farmer’s Link Africa will support farmers and use data collected to obtain a premium from apparel brands/consumers for proven social/ethical and sustainability practices. Mitsui has engaged Dalberg to support the design and planning phase of Farmers’ Link Africa, and now to provide PMO support in the planning period and early farmer-onboarding period of the first phase that will run for 3 months. The execution phase of the PoC is expected to run between July 2021 to December 2021/January 2022, with the potential of an extension.
JOIN OUR TEAM
Our current opportunities are in Lusaka.
Please submit your application at our Career Center by 14 July 2021. Your application should include a resume, cover letter indicating your interest and qualifications for the role.
Select candidates will be invited for interviews to test analytical and conceptual thinking skills through consulting case questions, and to discuss interests and experience. Reference checks will be required as a final step in the hiring process.
Find Zambia Jobs – The best job board for Jobs in Zambia
To apply for this job please visit dalberg.hua.hrsmart.com.